Speechone questions   - noogie - 07/03/2021 08:29 PM  
 Speechone questions   - FBA - 07/13/2021 10:59 AM  
 Speechone questions   - noogie - 08/03/2021 05:05 PM  
Keyword
 07/03/2021 07:47 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

noogie

Hello,

I was looking at the Philips Speechone and I was wondering if anyone knows if you can use the headset with the airbridge and remote without the docking station?

At work (various sites) we have a VR system integrated with our PACs (outside the US - the dictation is directly integrated into the PACs) and I was looking at the PSM 6500 kit. However due to various issues with; the sound system being finicky and a headset by far the best for accuracy (likely due to being IE based and issues in ActiveX), the VR controls tightly integrated with Philips speechmike (which make usung a cheaper 3rd party headset an annoying kludge of keystrokes to control the headset) and the need for mobility (I work at 3 sites during the week and would rather not have to carry around the docking station).

Therfore, I would like a headset with the controls of a speechmike (the remote) and portability (the airbridge over the docking station). I couldn't find any information on Philips own website if you can use a setup without the docking station with just the airbridge, remote and headset. 

07/03/2021 08:12 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Welcome (See Mission Statement)

The AirBridge is designed so that you can use the Philips SpeechOne on the go (without the base). However, we wonder if the Philips SpeechMike Premium Air SMP4000 wireless USB Handheld/TableMike might be a better solution. The SMP 4000 is significantly smaller, includes programmable buttons and is already integrated into PACs. All you need to do is add 2 more Philips Premium Air docking cradles which double as chargers. If you prefer, you can substitute 2 AirBridges but you wouldn't be able to recharge your microphone so we don't believe it's a good option.

-------------------------

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

07/03/2021 08:29 PM

noogie

Unfortunately, the issue is that the sound system is rather sensitive to background noise and microphone position and so headsets seem to be a fair bit more accurate than the handheld speechmikes (work supplies wired speechmikes as standard and there are too many errors).
3rd party headsets (including the cheap $70 wired ones from Amazon) are more accurate but the control then becomes an annoyance (with the kludge of keystrokes described above).
It's this combination of headset+speechmike controls +mobility that is proving difficult.
Come to think of it, my ideal item would be an ACC6100 remote that also had integrated an airbridge (I would bring this and the headset to work at the different sites I need to go to and charge the headset in the evening at home on a permantly based docking station)

07/13/2021 10:59 AM

Author Icon
FBA

I am using one of my two my Phillips Speechones with an airbridge (the base station having given up on me). It works perfectly and charging the headset is achieved via the integral micro usb connection. Indeed, it might be more convenient that having the base station sat on your desk.

In short, the Speechone is a great microphone, the best that I have used (and I have bought several over the years). The only downside is the price...
 08/03/2021 05:05 PM

noogie

I ended up getting the PSM-6500 kit with the base station and remote.
There is no way the remote will work without the base station (it connects via a proprietary cable to the base station) and so I have taken to toting around the whole thing to different sites I work in a camera bag.

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » Microphones and Sound Cards » Speechone questions

Statistics
32168 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 490 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 490 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.