KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Can I mass delete commands?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/20/2021 09:12 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Can I mass delete commands?   - Alaexaender - 07/20/2021 09:12 AM  
 Can I mass delete commands?   - Ag - 07/20/2021 09:38 AM  
 Can I mass delete commands?   - Ag - 07/20/2021 09:40 AM  
 Can I mass delete commands?   - Alan Cantor - 07/20/2021 10:09 AM  
 Can I mass delete commands?   - Stephan Kuepper - 07/21/2021 02:44 AM  
 Can I mass delete commands?   - R. Wilke - 07/22/2021 03:11 PM  
 Can I mass delete commands?   - Alan Cantor - 07/21/2021 10:15 AM  
 Can I mass delete commands?   - Stephan Kuepper - 07/22/2021 03:01 AM  
 Can I mass delete commands?   - R. Wilke - 07/21/2021 11:42 AM  
 Can I mass delete commands?   - Alan Cantor - 07/22/2021 10:11 AM  
 Can I mass delete commands?   - ax - 07/22/2021 05:23 PM  
 Can I mass delete commands?   - Stephan Kuepper - 07/23/2021 03:31 AM  
Keyword
 07/20/2021 09:12 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Alaexaender

There's a ton of global commands which I will never use, is there a way to delete multiple at once?  I'd rather not individually delete each one, but right now the program is almost unusable with how often a random command is activated.

07/20/2021 09:38 AM

Author Icon
Ag
Top-Tier Member

In Dragon's Command Browser you can select multiple commands using the usual techniques,

e.g. click on first command of range, move mouse to last command and shift click there, then press delete

BTW I suggest that you backup your commands so that you can restore them if you want. Personally I select the multiple commands to backup and then export as an XML file.

I cannot remember if KnowBrainer has such a multiple delete option. but you can certainly edit the KnowBrainer XML file.

-------------------------

DPG15.6 (also DPI 15.3) + KB, Sennheiser MB Pro 1 UC ML, BTD 800 dongle, Windows 10 Pro, MS Surface Book 3, Intel Core i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.3/1.5GHz (4 cores, 8 logical, GPU=NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000 with Max-Q Design.

07/20/2021 09:40 AM

Author Icon
Ag
Top-Tier Member

As for "almost unusable with how often a random command is activated" I very much agree.

That is why I have required a prefix to be uttered in advance of most of my speech commands.

See https://www.knowbrainer.com/forums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=3&threadid=33594
"Would it be bad if I added a prefix to all KnowBrainer commands"

At first I used the prefix "PUFF ..whatever ...". As in "PUFF archive". I found thinking about Puff the Magic Dragon quite amusing, and still do. Unfortunately, "puff" is prone to misrecognitions. I now use several prefixes, most often "Draco", "Puff", and less frequently "Smog", which is a usually unsuccessful attempt to approximate the dragon "Smaug" from LOTR. I recently added "Drago", a common misrecognition of "Draco". I am tempted to add "Mako" as in shark, another misrecognition.

At first I did this by editing the KnowBrainer XML file of commands.

More recently I do this with a fairly small number of Dragon commands that callout to a larger number of AutoHotKey commands.

I don't think that I could've continued to use Dragon except for doing this. certainly not in "normal" aka "dictation and command" mode.

DPG15.6 (also DPI 15.3) + KB, Sennheiser MB Pro 1 UC ML, BTD 800 dongle, Windows 10 Pro, MS Surface Book 3, Intel Core i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.3/1.5GHz (4 cores, 8 logical, GPU=NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000 with Max-Q Design.

07/20/2021 10:09 AM

Alan Cantor
Top-Tier Member

In Dragon's Command Browser you can select multiple commands using the usual techniques, e.g. click on first command of range, move mouse to last command and shift click there, then press delete

This technique does not work in the Command Browser. Nor does the Shift + arrow keys, which is another method of selecting multiple items.

In "Manage" view in the Command Browser, it's possible to select GROUPS of commands by checking (or unchecking) checkboxes, which may be the ticket to what you're trying to do.

However, I'm not convinced deleting global commands will fix the problem you are encountering.

The commands that are "deleteable" in the Command Browser represent a tiny proportion of all Dragon commands. I don't think anybody knows the total number of Dragon commands, but if asked to guess, my estimate would be in the hundreds of thousands, maybe millions.

Although you may be able to delete a few hundred commands, thousands of others will remain. And the commands that you cannot delete may be the ones you would like to get rid of.

If you know the EXACT name of a command that is activated inadvertently -- check the Recognition History to get this information -- there is a workaround that will lessen the likelihood of triggering the built-in command.

Let's say the command that gets in your way is "minimize window." In the Command Browser, create an advanced scripting command called "minimize window" that does nothing:

Sub Main
' Do nothing
End Sub

07/21/2021 02:44 AM

Author Icon
Stephan Kuepper
Top-Tier Member

You can switch off a lot of commands in the Options - Commands. In Options - Misc - you can disable commands that activate menu items, either globally or for selected applications. Oherwise, what Alan said.

HTH Stephan

www.egs-vertrieb.de - www.spracherkennungscloud.de

07/22/2021 03:11 PM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

Oherwise, what Alan said.

Stephan,

I just stumbled upon this. Are you really starting to lose your teeth? Quite amazing, considering that you could be my nephew, going by your age at least.

No need to buy if all you want to do is try ...

DragonCapture KB Download (Latest)
DragonCapture Homepage

07/21/2021 10:15 AM

Alan Cantor
Top-Tier Member

1+ Stephan!

There are also Dragon commands that Dragon generates on-the-fly. For example, let's say you are using a program that has a menu bar with three familiar menu items, and one unfamiliar menu item:

File
Edit
Glitz Goo
Help

If you want to activate the "File" menu via Dragon, say "click File." To activate "Glitz Goo," say "click Glitz Goo."

Dragon's developers did not program in these commands. Instead, they programmed the capacity to activate ANY menu item that appears in the interface by saying "click [the menu name]".

The same principle applies to the hypertext links on web pages. Let's say these links are visible in a browser window:

Services
Contact Us
Accessibility Policy
Glitz Goo

You can activate a link by saying "click [link name]".

I don't think there is a way to disable auto-generated commands. We're stuck with them. (The technique I outlined in my earlier post might work, although I don't recall if I've ever tried it with auto-generated commands.)

Alaexaender: Can you give examples of commands that are getting activated? There may be other workarounds.

07/22/2021 03:01 AM

Author Icon
Stephan Kuepper
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: Alan Cantor 1+ Stephan! There are also Dragon commands that Dragon generates on-the-fly. For example, let's say you are using a program that has a menu bar with three familiar menu items, and one unfamiliar menu item: File Edit Glitz Goo Help If you want to activate the "File" menu via Dragon, say "click File." To activate "Glitz Goo," say "click Glitz Goo." Dragon's developers did not program in these commands. Instead, they programmed the capacity to activate ANY menu item that appears in the interface by saying "click [the menu name]".

I don't think there is a way to disable auto-generated commands. We're stuck with them. (The technique I outlined in my earlier post might work, although I don't recall if I've ever tried it with auto-generated commands.) Alaexaender: Can you give examples of commands that are getting activated? There may be other workarounds.

Alan,

these are the commands that I had in mind when I wrote "In Options - Misc - you can disable commands that activate menu items, either globally or for selected applications."

I don't have an English user profile ATM so I don't know how exactly the option is called - something like "activate speech control for menu items ...". You can deactivate them all, or just for selected applications. 

This is actually a lifesaver, especially when Dragon can't figure out how to pronounce "Glitz Goo" and gets stuck.

HTH Stephan

07/21/2021 11:42 AM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

I don't think there is a way to disable auto-generated commands.

Have a look at the sub items under "Enable HTML support" in "Options - Commands".

No need to buy if all you want to do is try ...

DragonCapture KB Download (Latest)
DragonCapture Homepage

07/22/2021 10:11 AM

Alan Cantor
Top-Tier Member

Good to know there's something new to learn about Dragon!

Rüdiger and Stephan: I've paid little attention to those settings, especially the ones on the Miscellaneous tab:

(Wouldn't it make more sense for the highlighted commands on the "Miscellaneous" tab to be on the "Commands" tab? And for the two Left and Right variable delimiter settings and "Enable Automatically Select First Field" to be moved from "Commands" to "Miscellaneous?")

07/22/2021 05:23 PM

Author Icon
ax
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: R. Wilke
Oherwise, what Alan said.

Stephan,

I just stumbled upon this. Are you really starting to lose your teeth? Quite amazing, considering that you could be my nephew, ...

Didn't realize you two could be related!

As much as your "onkel" Roger is one of the acknowledged prime assets of this forum (taken as self-evident), imagine having to attend family functions with him at the dinner table ...

But thanks to Corona, "social distancing" at least allows you to stay away gracefully without having to fake a dental emergency.

07/23/2021 03:31 AM

Author Icon
Stephan Kuepper
Top-Tier Member

I'm rumbled. Damn.

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » Dragon Speech Recognition » Can I mass delete commands?

Statistics
32134 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 485 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 485 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.