Spell not working in microsoft edge   - MLATER - 05/03/2021 10:23 AM  
 Spell not working in microsoft edge   - Lunis Orcutt - 05/03/2021 06:59 PM  
 Spell not working in microsoft edge   - dilligence - 05/03/2021 09:16 PM  
Keyword
 05/03/2021 10:23 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MLATER

i recently changed to microsoft edge bc dragon was crashing and i read google chrome was not speech dictation friendly 

but spell does not work and i really need it for work

i use nuance 15 

please help 

could it be bc i disabled  the pop to transfer words? i didn't have this problem with chrome and i'm afraid to use chrome bc deagon crashed and it took 2 days to get running again 

05/03/2021 06:59 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Assuming you have installed the Dragon extension in Google Chrome (we imagine you have) some end-users experience a problem with Google Chrome kicking out the Dragon extension after about 20 minutes. It can only be re-enabled by re-launching Chrome. Microsoft Edge doesn't have this problem and we like it a little better. 

The Dragon spell <letters> command only works in Dragon friendly environments. If you do not see a green • in the DragonBar, you cannot use this command. 

Our best guess is that you are attempting to spell into your browser address field because you cannot dictate. All browser address fields are non-Dragon friendly. Being able to dictate tends to be hit or miss. The KnowBrainer 2017 Type <dictation> command is much faster because you can Force Dictate entire words rather than individual letters. However, it's not the best way to use your browser's address field because you can say something like Browse to <BBC>. KnowBrainer will switch focus to your favorite browser (if you are not using your default browser), place the cursor in the address field, type “BBC”, add www. to the left of your dictation, .com to the right of your dictation and press {Enter}. Now you're cooking with jet fuel. The same holds true for the global Google for<dictation> command. For example, if you are researching electric cars you would say Google for <electric cars>  from within any application. Shouldn't everything be 1 command away from Nirvana? Dragon is only part of the speech recognition equation. Third-party utilities bring the Magic.

Forget about the miserable pop-up Dictation Box. We recommend leaving it disabled.

We don't know what happened to Google Chrome but you should be able to use it as well as Microsoft Edge and Firefox; although Firefox seems to be running a little slow.

Please avoid generic terms like Nuance 15 because there is no such animal. Since, on this forum, we can't read your mind (we asked the forum designer but he said no go), we need to know exactly what you're using. The devil is in the details. Example: DPI 15.3, DPI 15.61, DMPE 4.3, Dragon Home Edition etc. You might also consider updating your profile

-------------------------

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

05/03/2021 09:16 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

The KnowBrainer force dictation commands indeed are a great alternative to dictate into the speech unfriendly address bar.

The below thread gives you some additional options including using the Dragon Spell Dialog in speech unfriendly applications:

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition Forums - Macros to simulate the spell dialogue

-------------------------

Auto Box© Demo now available

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » General Topics / Other » Spell not working in microsoft edge

Statistics
32134 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 459 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 461 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.