KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Advice needed: Best simple digital recorder for Dragon Professional 15?
Topic Summary: Just need to dictate into recorder, plug in, and transcribe into Word
Created On: 07/29/2021 08:11 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 07/29/2021 08:11 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
SLSmith

My old digital recorder has been stolen. I need to buy another. I do not need fancy features within it like editing transcripts before sending them to my laptop, playing a radio, using multiple channels, or having a vast memory. I do not want to have to study long explanations in a display to figure out what to do.

I want a recorder that's easy to use, has decent sound quality (so I can dictate while in a car without interference that challenges Dragon), and either does not need a special software interface program to transmit my words to Dragon & then to my documents, or comes complete with an interface that's easy to use. I don't care whether or not its batteries are rechargeable. 

I want to 1) dictate 20-50 paragraphs over a few days, 2) attach a cord to connect the recorder to my laptop, and 3) click something to make my words start to appear in a Word file I select. Then, using Dragon within Word, I use voice commands to edit each paragraph. Once I've save the document, I delete the recorder's files, keep carrying it around, and make more notes as needed. (Of course, I later copy/paste my notes into other documents where they belong.)

I'd rather pay $100 than $300+. My old recorder was a Sony, so a new Sony would be fine; but it appears that Dragon no longer works with Sony digital recorders (is that true?).

I've studied lists of available digital recorders, and find them baffling. Hope you can give me some advice. Thanks in advance!  

-------------------------
SLSmith

Statistics
32286 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 367 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 367 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.