KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: What the heck did I do???? Tons of stuff erased :-(
Topic Summary: The spoken phrase "respond to what's happening" causes massive erasure
Created On: 01/01/2021 09:46 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 What the heck did I do???? Tons of stuff erased :-(   - Ric - 01/01/2021 09:46 PM  
 What the heck did I do???? Tons of stuff erased :-(   - Ric - 01/01/2021 09:56 PM  
 What the heck did I do???? Tons of stuff erased :-(   - R. Wilke - 01/02/2021 04:39 AM  
 What the heck did I do???? Tons of stuff erased :-(   - kkkwj - 01/02/2021 05:18 AM  
 What the heck did I do???? Tons of stuff erased :-(   - Ric - 01/02/2021 08:52 AM  
 What the heck did I do???? Tons of stuff erased :-(   - Ric - 01/02/2021 01:16 PM  
 What the heck did I do???? Tons of stuff erased :-(   - R. Wilke - 01/02/2021 03:23 PM  
Keyword
 01/01/2021 09:46 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Ric
Advanced Member

Every time I update KB, I go through the process of disabling all the commands I don't normally use and that appear to be causing unexpected reactions. This time, I haven't a clue what happened, so I don't know what to do to prevent it from happening again.

I was in the client version of Microsoft outlook, writing a very lengthy email to a friend and, in the middle of a sentence, began the next phrase with "respond to what's obviously happening here" and suddenly KnowBrainer started running some elaborate routine, which included selecting everything and then hitting delete and then typing other things (I can't remember what) and moving the cursor to the subject line. At this point, typing Control-Z did nothing to restore what had been lost. So, whatever routine was running is one that the system software did not recognize or keep record of.

After pulling out half of my hair and expanding my vocabulary with heretofore unknown paint-peeling sailor terminology, I did what Lunis once suggested when something similar to this happen previously, saying "show recognition history" to see what command was misbehaving. Unless I'm reading the results wrong (see attached) I'm learning nothing from this, as it appears to have heard exactly what I said.

Any idea what went wrong? Any idea what KB commanded is that I might need to disable to prevent this from happening in the future?

-------------------------

Ric M

Statistics
31988 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 579 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 580 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.