KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Looking for tool to generate KnowBrainer/Dragon/... commands from list of keyboard shortcuts
Topic Summary: In case anybody has already written this...
Created On: 02/13/2020 10:38 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Looking for tool to generate KnowBrainer/Dragon/... commands from list of keyboard shortcuts   - Ag - 02/13/2020 10:38 PM  
 Looking for tool to generate KnowBrainer/Dragon/... commands from list of keyboard shortcuts   - PG LTU - 02/14/2020 09:48 AM  
 Looking for tool to generate KnowBrainer/Dragon/... commands from list of keyboard shortcuts   - Edgar - 02/14/2020 10:53 AM  
 Looking for tool to generate KnowBrainer/Dragon/... commands from list of keyboard shortcuts   - Edgar - 02/14/2020 11:02 AM  
 Looking for tool to generate KnowBrainer/Dragon/... commands from list of keyboard shortcuts   - Lunis Orcutt - 02/14/2020 02:38 PM  
 Looking for tool to generate KnowBrainer/Dragon/... commands from list of keyboard shortcuts   - Lunis Orcutt - 02/14/2020 03:37 PM  
 Looking for tool to generate KnowBrainer/Dragon/... commands from list of keyboard shortcuts   - kkkwj - 02/14/2020 11:33 PM  
 Looking for tool to generate KnowBrainer/Dragon/... commands from list of keyboard shortcuts   - Edgar - 02/15/2020 11:30 AM  
 Looking for tool to generate KnowBrainer/Dragon/... commands from list of keyboard shortcuts   - Mphillipson - 02/15/2020 11:52 AM  
 Looking for tool to generate KnowBrainer/Dragon/... commands from list of keyboard shortcuts   - PG LTU - 02/16/2020 03:08 PM  
 Looking for tool to generate KnowBrainer/Dragon/... commands from list of keyboard shortcuts   - monkey8 - 02/18/2020 06:11 PM  
 Looking for tool to generate KnowBrainer/Dragon/... commands from list of keyboard shortcuts   - Ag - 03/15/2020 08:03 PM  
 Looking for tool to generate KnowBrainer/Dragon/... commands from list of keyboard shortcuts   - Mphillipson - 03/25/2020 02:04 PM  
 Looking for tool to generate KnowBrainer/Dragon/... commands from list of keyboard shortcuts   - Ag - 03/15/2020 08:01 PM  
 Looking for tool to generate KnowBrainer/Dragon/... commands from list of keyboard shortcuts   - dilligence - 03/16/2020 12:19 AM  
 Looking for tool to generate KnowBrainer/Dragon/... commands from list of keyboard shortcuts   - kkkwj - 03/24/2020 11:29 PM  
 Looking for tool to generate KnowBrainer/Dragon/... commands from list of keyboard shortcuts   - R. Wilke - 03/25/2020 03:47 AM  
 Looking for tool to generate KnowBrainer/Dragon/... commands from list of keyboard shortcuts   - kkkwj - 03/25/2020 11:08 AM  
 Looking for tool to generate KnowBrainer/Dragon/... commands from list of keyboard shortcuts   - Bingos - 04/13/2020 01:29 AM  
 Looking for tool to generate KnowBrainer/Dragon/... commands from list of keyboard shortcuts   - Ag - 02/25/2021 11:31 PM  
Keyword
 02/13/2020 10:38 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Ag
Top-Tier Member

Example 1:

So, I have finally started using Microsoft Edge with the Dragon/KnowBrainer. There are a few things that I know how to do via keyboard shortcuts that I don't have speech commands for. [*].

Here's a list of keyboard shortcuts:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4531783/microsoft-edge-keyboard-shortcuts

the 1st few lines look something like

Press this key To do this
Ctrl + D
Save your current webpage as a favorite
Ctrl + E Open a search query in the address bar
Ctrl + F Find on page
Ctrl + G Jump to the next match in your Find Bar search

and so on

Seems to me I might like to have pretty much all of these keyboard shortcuts as speech commands.

Q: has anyone written a script (Perl/Python/whatever) that will take a list such as that above and generate a set of speech commands?

The descriptions in the "To do this" column are little bit verbose, and I probably would want to massage them. But in many cases they are actually a good start for command names.

Since I put a prefix like "PUFF" or "ZUFF" or "ZOTZ" in front of all my commands, I don't have to worry about conflict thing with normal dictation.  I might have to worry about constantly with commands that I've already written, but hey, that's what a script can do.

It should be easy enough to add the appropriate waits between SendKeys. However, in this example, these are all single key shortcuts, nothing needed.

So I imagine I might have an input file that looks something like

Ctrl + D :: Set Favorite

Ctrl + E :: Search web

Ctrl + F :: Find

Ctrl + G :: Next Match

... Let's see, let's find a few more interesting things

Ctrl + Shift + M :: switch user

Ctrl + Shift + R :: flush cache

And so on.

Doesn't look like a hard script to write. I'm just asking in case anybody's already written such a script, and is willing to share.

There are lists of such keyboard shortcuts all over the web. KnowBrainer has commands for a few of these, but by no means all. (I think people who use on prefixed commands have to be a lot more careful in choosing command names that don't conflict with stuff they ordinarily want to say in normal mode.)

---

Note *: yeah, I need to spend some time updating I KnowBrainer. Perhaps the latest KnowBrainer release has already added all of the commands I could possibly want. But I doubt it. Especially when I get the more technical applications. Visio? The various GitHub shortcuts for IOssues/Wikis/... ?

-------------------------

DPG15.6 (also DPI 15.3) + KB, Sennheiser MB Pro 1 UC ML, BTD 800 dongle, Windows 10 Pro, MS Surface Book 3, Intel Core i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.3/1.5GHz (4 cores, 8 logical, GPU=NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000 with Max-Q Design.

Statistics
32357 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 305 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 305 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.