KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: is there a USB hub/adapter device that that can plug into an outlet as an additional power source?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/15/2021 01:59 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 05/15/2021 01:59 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
wristofdoom
Top-Tier Member

I'm about to expose my ignorance of electronics with this question, but...

When my laptop is fully docked, I have it plugged in to a heavy-duty microphone and a a foot pedal and a Bluetooth dongle. All of these devices are pulling their electricity from my laptop. Ever since I started using Dragon full time, it seems like my laptop battery life has gone way down. I replaced it recently, but even with the new battery is not what it was. May be coincidence, maybe not, but...

Now I am wondering if there is a USB hub that  you can plug into an electrical outlet as well as plugging into your laptop, so that devices can pull the electricity they need from a source other than my laptop.

Or, some other way to address my dictation-related anxieties about my peripherals killing my laptop battery.

-------------------------

Dragon Professional Individual v15.6. Windows 10. Knowbrainer 2017.

Statistics
32134 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 496 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 497 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.