KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: SendKeys and SendDragonkeys no longer work
Topic Summary: SendKeys and SendDragonkeysLose focus of the window and don't function properly anymore.
Created On: 11/22/2021 03:25 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 SendKeys and SendDragonkeys no longer work   - Crippler - 11/22/2021 03:25 PM  
 SendKeys and SendDragonkeys no longer work   - Lunis Orcutt - 11/22/2021 10:19 PM  
 SendKeys and SendDragonkeys no longer work   - Newbie2021 - 01/31/2022 04:49 PM  
 SendKeys and SendDragonkeys no longer work   - Matt_Chambers - 12/02/2021 09:25 AM  
 SendKeys and SendDragonkeys no longer work   - Lunis Orcutt - 01/31/2022 08:10 PM  
 SendKeys and SendDragonkeys no longer work   - Mav - 02/01/2022 01:35 AM  
 SendKeys and SendDragonkeys no longer work   - Edgar - 02/01/2022 12:17 PM  
 SendKeys and SendDragonkeys no longer work   - Mav - 02/02/2022 02:51 AM  
Keyword
 11/22/2021 03:25 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Crippler

I have been plagued with an issue with SendKeys and SendDragonkeys that for the life of me I cannot figure out what the root causes is for the last couple weeks I am hoping someone might be able to help me out. Anytime I tried to use either of those two functions I notice that I lose the focus of the window at least in DragonPad so for example if it's just a loop hitting the delete button it will delete the first couple characters and then I'll see the window go out of focus and it obviously will stop deleting at that point. In other windows it doesn't pull the focus away it just fails to work altogether. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence but around the same time a few weeks back I ended up having to kill a weird process that looked like it was an invisible window maybe it was being used by SendKeys or SendDragonkey's but I'm not hundred percent sure. Right now I had to switch all of those functions to use Sendsystemkeys as for whatever reason that function is not affected. The problem is it's just too darn slow for certain tasks and I really like to figure out what happened to SendKeys.

I have done the following:

on a VM installed Dragon added my profile everything works

complete reinstall of Dragon and used Dragon 15 clean on my existing computer even a new profile I'm getting the same behavior (not fixed)

This lends me to believe that it's some type of Windows library issue.I'm open to any and all suggestions at this point. I even tried to identify what the focus window it jumps to was but when I use any script the window title for the focus is empty doesn't tell me much

Statistics
32306 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 374 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 376 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.