Created On: 02/04/2022 06:41 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 02/04/2022 06:41 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
libascur

Hi everyone.

I am looking to upgrade my microphone from the Andrea WNC-2500 yo the SpeechOne from Philips. One dealer that seems attractive is <startstop.com>, which offers a competitive price. Has anyone here boughten from them? Moreover, has anyone used the airbridge with these microphones?

Thanks a lot for your help and best regards from Chile,

LBC

02/04/2022 09:39 AM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

PROS:

• We found the SpeechOne microphone to be 1 of the most accurate microphones we have ever tested and we test a lot.

• It is one of the most comfortable wireless headsets

• 2 tiny unique memory foam pads, which are also comfortable, can be used to keep the speaker off your ear.

CONS:

• The price is too high

• We stopped carrying it on the www.KnowBrainer.com website because we received 25% returns and we had to sell returns at 20% off; which pretty much hosed profits.  The only way to remove the microphone from the cardboard box is to rip up the interior which also makes reselling difficult

• Our returns range from the battery not keeping a charge to connection issues.

CONCLUSIONS: We suspect the SpeechOne will be discontinued because of the previously mentioned problems and the fact that StartStop and Amazon are violating MAP pricing. In our opinion, it looks like resellers may be dumping SpeechOne, like we did. We wouldn't be surprised if Philips is already designing a lesser expensive replacement. We recommend considering the Sennheiser MB Pro1 UC/ML Bluetooth headset at half the price and has been around for a decade or so.

-------------------------

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

02/10/2022 11:55 PM

Author Icon
edgarb

I can speak to the particular microphone you plan to order. However, I have done a fair amount of business with startstop.com in the past. I was always pleased with the products and services I received. I used their transcription software for a while after my office switched to digital dictation and also ordered several digital recorders from them, probably before I knew much about knowbrainer.com
 02/12/2022 08:12 AM

Author Icon
libascur

Thanks for your advice. I finally completed the purchase through them. Best regards

Statistics
32324 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 343 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 343 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.