Created On: 05/18/2022 06:24 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 05/18/2022 06:24 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

wheels496
Advanced Member

Hello

Is anyone else having increasing difficulty in dragging the mouse? More and more I have to say commands, like [mouse drag right] multiple times before it actually starts dragging. Dragon is recognising the command-that is not the issue.

Worse still, I am trying to select something in Microsoft teams and is refusing to drag the mouse at all (but it is definitely being recognised).

Ended up double clicking/copy/paste and then adding the additional characters that were not selected.

Thanks

-------------------------

DPI 15.6.1

05/18/2022 08:43 AM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

Works fine here, no issues. Maybe because I'm still using DPI 15.3?

Did you try creating a new user profile to see if the problem persists?

When it comes to MS Teams, maybe you can trick Dragon® by first setting the focus to the notification area (Win+B) and then issue the command. It's not exactly foolproof because any previously selected text will need to be deselected before re-issuing the command, but it may be worth a try.

https://speechproductivity.eu

Turbocharge your Dragon® productivity with 40 Power Addons

05/18/2022 09:18 AM

wheels496
Advanced Member

This is a new profile-only about four weeks old. But I have noticed that over the past six months quite often I need to issue the Dragon command more than once before it works! This was the first time I got fed up saying it multiple times and it still did not work!

DPI 15.6.1

05/18/2022 11:19 AM

Alan Cantor
Top-Tier Member

Can you give examples of tasks that you are performing via dragging?

There may be other ways to accomplish the same tasks.

Be specific. For example, "In Word documents, I select sentences, and drag them to another location in the same document. In Outlook, I drag email messages from the Inbox to a folder in the folder list on the left side of the Outlook window.
 05/19/2022 04:08 AM

wheels496
Advanced Member

The example I was struggling with, was someone had put something in a Microsoft teams message that I needed to copy. Not a common task because technically we should not be done that way (but we had our reasons). Let's just say you would be shocked if I told you what was being shared but sometimes needs must!

As for an alternative method, as I am typing (talking) this, I think there might be a copy on the individual message context menu (I have a macro to respond to messages using the emotions) so I'm guessing I could set up a copy message macro-I will investigate after!

I am still intrigued why the dragging commands are not working with the new profile but they did on the old profile. This

DPI 15.6.1

05/19/2022 05:33 AM

Author Icon
monkey8
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: wheels496  I am still intrigued why the dragging commands are not working with the new profile but they did on the old profile. This

You have said above that the commands are being recognised so the following suggestion is unlikely if you are sure of that. Have you checked the Dragon options ("Show Dragon Options") | Commands and checked that the mouse motion commands are enabled and also try turning mouse movement speed on the same dialogue to something like 5 as a very slow speed can sometimes make it look like the mouse motion commands are not working as they should especially if the mouse pointer speed is turned down in the control panel (Control Panel | Mouse | Pointer Options).

05/19/2022 12:18 PM

Alan Cantor
Top-Tier Member

Teams is a challenge!

You should be able to copy a message in Teams, once it's been selected, by saying "copy that." Navigate to the destination, and say "paste that." I don't know for sure, but I doubt that you'll need to invoke any context menus.

If these commands are not recognized, try substituting "press control charlie" and "press control victor."

The "Files" area of Teams is bizarre. Many normal navigational conventions for file and folder lists don't work in Teams.
 05/19/2022 01:38 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

We don't know if this will help but Microsoft Teams is fully supported; including several AI commands, in KnowBrainer 2020

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » Dragon Speech Recognition » Problems with dragging the mouse

Statistics
32325 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 518 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 519 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.