Topic Summary: Entering text
Created On: 08/15/2021 09:26 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 08/15/2021 09:26 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Nathan

Windows 10;  version 15

When I dictate on a continual basis, lower and uppercase words are entered appropriatel.  But when I go back to insert a word I forgot to enter:

1) The word is always capitalized

2. The spacing between words is not adjusted automatically.

Document:  Google Docs

I searched for options to adjust this problem but without luck.

08/15/2021 12:33 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Before dictating, glance at the DragonBar. If you see a green • or green checkmark, you are in a user-friendly application which means that Dragon knows where the words are and will automatically adjust spacing and proper capitalization; like DragonPad and Microsoft Word. For example, Google Chrome is Dragon friendly but many of the fields and apps, like the address field, are not Dragon friendly and you will not see the green •. Google Docs is not Dragon friendly so you can expect this behavior or worse; no ability to dictate. You will have to use a different application like Microsoft Word and cut and paste into Google Docs. You can optionally use Dragon's Dictation Box or directly dictate as you're doing now and use the KnowBrainer Type <dictation> command for correction. Type <dictation> will allow you to select any word/phrase and dictate over your selection with proper spacing and even proper capitalization (which Dragon cannot do)

-------------------------

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » Dragon Speech Recognition » Dragon NS 15

Statistics
32177 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 403 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 404 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.