Created On: 07/16/2021 01:30 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 07/16/2021 01:30 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
haughki
Power Member

This has been happening for a while, and I'm not sure when it started. All of the following dictated in Notepad on a new line.

I say: "data" dragon prints: "New"

I say: "Do you have any data?" dragon prints: "Do you have any new?"

I say: "Please get some data for me." dragon prints: "Please get some new for me."

I say: "There is a lot of data in the file." dragon prints: "There is a lot of data in the file."  ???

I say: "This is a huge data set!" dragon prints: "This is a huge data set!"

See recognition history and vocab editor images, etc. below. I don't _think_ I have any 3rd Party voice apps installed and running, but I might be missing something. I believe I did _something_ to make this happen (sometime in the past), but I don't know what.

Any ideas what's going on here?

vocab editor

word props

recognition history

manage custom commands

command browser

07/16/2021 06:08 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Alan Cantor
Top-Tier Member

Curious.

1. Review your custom words and phrases. Delete any that you don't need. Export your custom words.

2. Export your custom commands (if you have any).

3. Create a new profile, but don't import your custom words or commands. Test the profile.

4. If the problem appears to be gone, import your custom words. Test the profile.

5. Still no problem? Import your custom commands, and test.

6. If the problem is fixed, it should be OK to delete your old profile.
 07/16/2021 06:28 PM

Author Icon
monkey8
Top-Tier Member

Before carrying out what Alan says which will no doubt fix the problem try looking in the vocabulary editor again but look under the word "new", not "data". You must have a written form of "new" with the spoken form of "data". You are getting your written forms and spoken forms the wrong way round.

-------------------------

07/19/2021 02:12 AM

Author Icon
Mav
Top-Tier Member

If there's no entry for "new" with spoken form "data", then probably Dragon memorized a faulty pronunciation for "data".

You can try deleting the word "data" from your vocabulary and add it again.

Dragon should restore the word (including its default pronunciations)  from the backup dictionary and - hopefully - "data" should work as it should again.

hth,

mav

07/19/2021 04:21 AM

Author Icon
Stephan Kuepper
Top-Tier Member

If Dragon did store a faulty pronunciation, you can always reset the audio calibration. That should take care of the issue, and takes only one minute. Otherwise, what the others said.

Hope that helps, Stephan

www.egs-vertrieb.de - www.spracherkennungscloud.de

07/19/2021 01:36 PM

Author Icon
haughki
Power Member

Thanks to all for your helpful answers!

I looked at the 'new' word properties, didn't see any written 'new' with spoken 'data'. I deleted 'data'. Still had same problem. I delete 'new'. That 'fixed' the basic problem: no more saying 'data' and getting 'new'. I re-added 'data' and 'new' without training, and things are working properly again. Yes!

I am tempted to create a new profile, as Alan suggested, but I have done a lot of training, which, even though I never can quite tell if it does any good, would somehow be sad to lose

Thanks again, Hawkeye
 07/19/2021 04:47 PM

Author Icon
kkkwj
Top-Tier Member

Hawkeye, I want to compliment you on your post with lots of specific images. When you do that, look at all the responses you receive. That's because your post gave everyone the data they needed to contribute. Well done.

Win10/x64, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 64GB RAM, Dragon 15.3, SP 6 PRO, SpeechStart, Office 365, KB 2017, Dragon Capture, Samson Meteor USB Desk Mic, Klim and JUKSTG earbuds with microphones, 3 BenQ 2560x1440 monitors, Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard and fat mouse

Statistics
32133 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 421 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 424 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.