Created On: 05/13/2021 02:05 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 05/13/2021 02:05 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
hofrie

Hello,

sorry, my english is not so good, i am from germany.

after i have updated to version 15.61.200.010 german, dragon will not start anymore.

an error message always appears

an internal error has occurred. please restart dragon

wrong parameter

also a repair, uninstallation (+unistallation with DPG_DPI_15_Cleaner) and reinstallation does not help.

antivirus and firewall turned off

always the same error!

does anyone know how i can get dragon running again?

thanks, hofrie

05/14/2021 02:15 AM

Author Icon
Mav
Top-Tier Member

Hi!

If you post your Dragon.log file perhaps we can find the reason...

hth,

mav

05/14/2021 03:22 AM

Author Icon
hofrie

Hi Mav,

thanks for your answer.

here is the logfile

just for info

in the file i have changed my original username and computername to "user" and "nb-user"

DragonHofrie.log
DragonHofrie.log  (179 KB)

05/14/2021 08:59 AM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

Are you installing to the default locations?

After a complete Dragon clean (using the Cleaner), and a fresh re-boot, with nothing else running, try the install by right clicking the installation file "setup.exe" (in the installation disc directory created by the installer) and "run as administrator."

-------------------------

PG

Remember folks, my comments and this forum are for entertainment value only, please, no wagering or other reliance on the contents herein.  I permit no commercial use of my ideas (whether expressions or embodiments) without my written consent.

05/14/2021 10:46 AM

Author Icon
Mav
Top-Tier Member

Hi hofrie - wenn Du Dich mit Englisch schwer tust, probier' ich es auch auf Deutsch.

Leider konnte ich in Deiner Dragon.log außer dem unmotiviert auftretenden Fehler nichts unmittelbar Problematisches erkennen.

Was mich verunsichert (weil ich das bisher noch nicht gesehen habe), sind die Einträge zu "modmerge", nach denen das Allgemein Deutsch - Datapack/Basisvokabular anscheinend nachinstalliert werden soll - kann das sein?

Unter C:\PROGRA~3\Nuance\NATURA~1\NATSPE~1.BAK liegt bei Dir irgendein Backup rum, daher vielleicht Dragon nochmal runterwerfen, diesen Backup entfernen und nochmal neu installieren.

Grüße,

mav

05/14/2021 02:59 PM

Author Icon
hofrie

Hallo Mav und PG,

ich habe gerade noch einmal alles komplett deinstalliert, rebootet und mit Admin-Rechten neuinstalliert.

Leider bekomme ich immer wieder den gleichen Fehler.

Vermutlich beisst sich da irgendetwas mit Windows oder mit einer anderen Software.

Da ich mich nun schon Wochen mit dem Thema beschäftigt habe und alles durchprobiert habe ist es wohl die einfachste Lösung, den PC neu aufzusetzen.

Viele Grüße, Hofrie

Hello Mav and PG,

i just completely uninstalled everything again, rebooted and reinstalled with admin privileges.

Unfortunately I get the same error again and again.

Probably there is something biting with Windows or with another software.

Since I have been dealing with this issue for weeks now and have tried everything, the easiest solution is probably to re-install the PC.

Many greetings, Hofrie

05/14/2021 03:12 PM

Author Icon
monkey8
Top-Tier Member

Are you installing with the same installation media every time e.g. DVD or download? If you are then try downloading a new installation package and try again as you could have corrupted files on the installation media. Hope I have caught you before you reinstall Windows.

05/14/2021 03:19 PM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: hofrie Hallo Mav und PG,

ich habe gerade noch einmal alles komplett deinstalliert, rebootet und mit Admin-Rechten neuinstalliert.

Leider bekomme ich immer wieder den gleichen Fehler.

Vermutlich beisst sich da irgendetwas mit Windows oder mit einer anderen Software.

Da ich mich nun schon Wochen mit dem Thema beschäftigt habe und alles durchprobiert habe ist es wohl die einfachste Lösung, den PC neu aufzusetzen.

Viele Grüße, Hofrie

Hello Mav and PG,

i just completely uninstalled everything again, rebooted and reinstalled with admin privileges.

Unfortunately I get the same error again and again.

Probably there is something biting with Windows or with another software.

Since I have been dealing with this issue for weeks now and have tried everything, the easiest solution is probably to re-install the PC.

Many greetings, Hofrie

Well, you have posted all of the above already on the German forum, and had been given all the relevant advice on the forum already, to no avail. On that forum, there are people around even more qualified answering such kinds of questions than the people typically gathering here, inluding Mav specifically.

You have also set up a support ticket with Nuance, mentioning this on the German forum, and stating that you would report any solution potentially coming your way. Which you didn't, so maybe they were clueless also.

Finally, the issue may indeed be with your particular machine setup, and starting Windows all over, and then installing Dragon next thing, might actually be the solution.

Do report back. On either forum.

No need to buy if all you want to do is try ...

DragonCapture KB Download (Latest)
DragonCapture Homepage

05/14/2021 03:38 PM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

Dragon log includes several (26) of the following sprinkled throughout the log. Does your language settings in Win match the Dragon language version (yes, correct, German for both). Are you using a special keyboard, and/or is your keyboard driver using the same language codes? I don't know if I'm on to anything, but here is from log 26 times:
HOOKDLL| 5672|18520|I|(E:\work\1500release\hookdll\keyhooks.cpp,2451) : HookTimerTick() returned unexpected value (0x80010108).

26 times could be reading some 26 custom commands (that use the keyboard hook to sendkeys, e.g.) . . . I dunno.

PG

Remember folks, my comments and this forum are for entertainment value only, please, no wagering or other reliance on the contents herein.  I permit no commercial use of my ideas (whether expressions or embodiments) without my written consent.

05/14/2021 03:45 PM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

PG,

There are quite a few errors showing up in the logfile, all of which are misleading perhaps. The most relevant, in my opinion, and following the hunch which I already had on the German forum being that Dragon doesn't succeed in creating the user profile, which in turn doesn't succeed by setting up the audio source correctly, to begin with.

DragonCapture Homepage

05/15/2021 04:23 AM

Author Icon
hofrie

Friends, dragon is running again !!!!

After 6 weeks of searching I finally found the problem

I have an additional security software running on my Celsius H760 notebook to use the vein sensor.

Fujitsu Workplace Protect 64 bit (Windows 10) - Security Application for Workplace Systems

Link

This was replaced by the new Fujitsu AuthConductor V2  software.

Link

And this software has caused the problem!

After I uninstalled the software and reinstalled the previous software, Dragon runs again.

Thank you all for your help!!!

05/15/2021 05:53 AM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

That's beautiful. And as you can see, every particular system tends to have its own peculiarities, which leaves everyone guessing at to what the reasons for this kind of failures might be. Going back to a previous state, short of starting from scratch, typically solves it.

DragonCapture Homepage

Statistics
32173 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 502 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 505 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.