Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/02/2020 12:42 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 10/02/2020 12:42 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
hello_computer

Just switched to Dragon v15 (professional) on Windows 10 and I'm running into an issue with the Dragonbar capturing keyboard input when using the Windows start menu.  For example if I click on the Windows start button in the task bar or press the Windows start button on my keyboard and start typing out the name of a program that I want to search for and start, the floating DragonBar pops up (even if I have it set to minimize in the tray) and takes focus away from the start menu.  With version 14 I was able to get around this by killing the Dragonbar process in the task manager.  That doesn't seem to be an option in version 15.

10/02/2020 08:18 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

We don't know what's causing this issue but very few of us experience it. This leads us to believe that you have either made a unique Windows setting change or running a utility, that most of us are not using, which will need to be sorted out.

-------------------------

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

10/02/2020 10:44 PM

Alan Cantor
Top-Tier Member

It's a reproducible bug. I experience it regularly in DPI 15.6.

The focus-stealing behaviour that you're reporting happens, in my opinion, because Nuance QA doesn't properly test Dragon. Software needs to be as accessible when driven by keyboard as when pointing and clicking the mouse. Dragon falls a bit short in this regard. The lack of full keyboard support has been around in many versions over many years.

The modern DragonBar is the source of several accessibility issues. The workaround might be to always use the mouse when you're not using your voice. So stopped pressing the Windows key on your keyboard when you're running Dragon!!

Statistics
32177 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 462 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 464 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.