Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last unread
Keyword
 09/11/2020 01:59 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Special thanks to Monkey8 for originally announcing the release of DPI 15.6. 

In our opinion, the 3 most important improvements are significantly improved stability, Office 365 (2019) compatibility and the new WinWrap Basic scripting engine which is the same scripting engine we use in KnowBrainer 2017 (w/2020 AI Commands). That means most of the commands we have been sharing here will finally work  

For our noncustomers we have put together a Digital Download package that includes our Dragon 15.6 installation guide and workarounds for 3 dozen sandtraps. Our customers already have this information.

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

09/11/2020 08:09 PM

bmattlin

Downloaded but can't activate. Windows Defender won't let me.
 09/11/2020 08:17 PM

Author Icon
Matt_Chambers
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: bmattlin Downloaded but can't activate. Windows Defender won't let me.

click on "More" or something like that on the Defender screen, and then you can instruct Windows to permit the installation.

09/11/2020 10:09 PM

mppcarey
Top-Tier Member

Will 15.6 be released for DMPE?

Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4.3; Dragon Capture, Speechproductivity & Knowbrainer 2017

09/12/2020 01:25 AM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Matt, 

You are right about the warnings. There are 3 sets of Microsoft warnings that need to be dealt with. We have updated our installation guides and the KnowBrainer Dragon Installation/Training Guide, with pictorial details. This is precisely why we send our customers emails that link to the same PDF which is continuously updated; especially now. DPI 15.6 was theoretically ready in mid July and while we can appreciate the time it took to tweak, we don't understand why Microsoft certification was ignored. We experience the same problems with DMPE 4 and thought these types of housekeeping issues would be resolved.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

09/12/2020 01:28 AM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

mppcarey,

Nuance doesn't give out ETA's on anything 

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

09/12/2020 02:11 AM

Author Icon
harpalus
Advanced Member

First Freeze with DPI 15.6

I just had my first freeze with DPI 15.6 which I installed earlier today without any reported problems. When I was previously using DPI 15.3 I found that it was very unwise to have Microsoft outlook open while I dictated into another program. The reason was that just having Microsoft outlook open while I was working with DPI 15.3 and dictating into a different program would produce freeze after freeze. The freezing was a problem for many months.

Today I worked for approximately 4 hours with DPI 15.6 while Microsoft outlook was open but was not being used. I was working with Microsoft Word, Microsoft edge, and several PDF files. I had noticed that DPI 15.6 was starting to become somewhat slower in operation and was starting to shut things down for the day and had closed all of the PDF files.

When I gave a command to open an Internet site, Microsoft outlook either closed itself or was crashed by DPI 15.6. I had the task manager open and observed that even after Microsoft outlook no longer appeared as open on the taskbar both it and the spelling window of DPI 15.6 were each using slightly more than 19% of my CPU during the freeze. After the freeze ended, Microsoft outlook vanished from the task manager screen.

There still is something negative occurring between Microsoft outlook and DPI 15.6. Just having Microsoft outlook open while I worked in different programs resulted in the freeze that crashed Microsoft outlook and resulted in the task manager showing that both Microsoft Outlook and the spelling window of DPI 15.6 were each using slightly more than 19% of the CPU each.

The Microsoft Outlook that I use is part of Microsoft 365. The Microsoft 365 program was reinstalled by a Microsoft technician just a few days ago because the use of DPI 15.3 seem to have corrupted the previous installation of 365. The technician found it necessary to manually uninstall the old 365 and reinstall the suite again. Before the above freeze, DPI 15.6 was working absolutely perfectly and seemed to execute commands more rapidly than before.

Dell XPS computer purchase July 2019

CPU:       Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz- turbo mode up to 3.7 GHz

Cores / Threads: 8 / 8

Cache:          2048 KB L2 / 12288 KB L3

Physical Memory: 32573 GB Total / 25899 GB Available / 20 % Used

Operating System:     Microsoft Windows 10 Home

OS Platform:    Win32NT

OS Version:     6.2.9200.0

OS Language:    en-US

GaryN

09/12/2020 05:48 AM

Author Icon
TomTom

Lunis,

Any idea when and where i can download the DPI 15.6 german version? I have downloaded the file you provided. But i can't upgrade with it (Error: "An upgrade of the currently installed version is not possible...") and if you uninstall DPI 15.3 beforehand, it will only install the english version.

09/12/2020 10:19 AM

Author Icon
damonlynch

Thanks for providing the download, Lunis! That's very kind of you, and I greatly appreciate it (as I'm sure many others do).

The upgrade from 15.3 ran smoothly. I'm not sure why it insisted on rebooting the computer just to run the installer. That's not something I've ever seen before, with any product. And lo and behold, when I did that, it asked to reboot again when I reran setup.exe, which I must admit I simply ignored.

It's bizarre that in 2020, Nuance insist on opening Internet Explorer to register their product, instead of the default browser!

My only regret is that I didn't have access to this version while I was writing my doctoral dissertation. I found 15.3 to be barely usable in Microsoft Word due to the limitation of only being able to have one document open at a time. So in this respect alone, this version promises to be a massive usability improvement.

On the other hand, like other programs I rely on (EndNote, Adobe Acrobat), NaturallySpeaking 15.6 still struggles with large Word documents, i.e. documents that are several hundred pages in length. Dragon is just so slow under such circumstances. That's probably a performance limitation in the interface Microsoft provides to third-party application developers, as EndNote bibliography and Acrobat PDF generation from within Word are also painfully slow. I wasn't expecting version 15.6 to fix its performance problem in Microsoft Word, and indeed it hasn't.
 09/12/2020 11:56 AM

Jomark
Top-Tier Member

I have just downloaded DNS 15.6 from the KnowBrainer link and installed it by following the instructions contained in the KB Dragon manual for the installation of DNS 15.6.
I followed instructions to the letter including uninstalling my current version DNS 15.3 and I was surprised to see how many files and applications connected to DNS that had to be closed before uninstallation could be completed.

Having now installed DNS 15.6 and changing K889 to K809, as well as selecting deferring activation for seven days. I launched DNS 15.6 but the Dragon Activation Product windows did not appear but went straight into opening the program. I then clicked on About Dragon and the splash screen came up showing my serial number as K809 and the version as 15.6. I then had some difficulty in getting rid of the splash screen but eventually it disappeared.

So far, I have been able to dictate into Microsoft Word without any prior problems but when I give the command sleep mode, it is recognised as such and the verbal response is "sleeping" but DNS does not go to sleep.
My question is: will I have to wait seven days before the activation windows appear.
Also, why is sleep mode not working?
I have not yet reinstalled my personal commands or vocabulary.

Jomark

DPI 15.61, KB2017, SpeechStart+, MS Office 2019 Professional, Windows 10 Pro

09/12/2020 12:29 PM

Author Icon
sterlingtimes
Top-Tier Member

Had a little trouble with "Entry Point Not Found ... dd10axa.dll".

What is the relevance of that file?
 09/12/2020 07:03 PM

Author Icon
LexiconCode
Power Member

Originally posted by: sterlingtimes Had a little trouble with "Entry Point Not Found ... dd10axa.dll". What is the relevance of that file?

I get the following error that similar when putting DIP in icon tray only mode. Dragon toolbar disappears. Right clicking an icon I am given the option to "minimize/open" toolbar. opening the settings "Appearance" again it looks like it hasn't saved and "modern" is selected instead of icon tray only mode.

09/12/2020 07:04 PM

Author Icon
LexiconCode
Power Member

09/13/2020 12:53 AM

Author Icon
Grandslam

I had the "Entry Point Not Found" error also. Rebooting fix the error for me.
 09/13/2020 03:52 AM

Author Icon
monkey8
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: TomTom Lunis, Any idea when and where i can download the DPI 15.6 german version? I have downloaded the file you provided. But i can't upgrade with it (Error: "An upgrade of the currently installed version is not possible...") and if you uninstall DPI 15.3 beforehand, it will only install the english version.

You can download the German version 15.6 from the nuance portal at the following location:

https://esd.nuance.com/app/de/register

All copies of DPI we sell to clients are purchased through our nuance European distributor and we don't have any problems downloading any client software from the portal above and the client always has direct access to download from Nuance. Not sure why Lunis's activation code can't download. If you have problems I suggest you talk to your vendor of DPI.

09/13/2020 04:19 AM

Author Icon
monkey8
Top-Tier Member

as Monkey8 noted, Nuance hasn't gotten around to Microsoft certifying Ver. 15.6 so you will receive all kinds of warnings that you can ignore.

In terms of signing desktop application executables there are several types of certification available:

OV (Organisation Validation): which confirms the existence of the organisation and until recent Windows update (1903 I think) allowed you to bypass the defender screen and come straight up with the installation wizard. However Microsoft changed that with the Windows update so you now need to have the second form of verification as detailed below.

EV (Extended Validation): from Windows update 1903 forwards Microsoft will display the defender screen unless you have an extended validation certificate which involves a hardware key attached to your computer. It involves additional checks on your company. For some reason nuance have not yet updated to EV certification.

Thousands of installation packages are now faced with the same issue where the vendor needs to update to EV certification to avoid the defender screen.

09/13/2020 04:54 AM

Author Icon
TomTom

Hello Lindsay,

I have already tried this link and I get the following error message:

"We regret to inform you that with this serial number a download of the software was tried 5 times. Please contact our customer service at this number:..."

I have sent an e-mail to the customer service with the request to reset the whole thing. The seller from whom I bought Dragon also only provides me the following link: "https://esd.nuance.com/app/".

It would have been great if someone could have provided me with a direct link. Then I wouldn't have to wait 2-3 days for an a reply.

Thanks a lot anyway!

Best wishes,

Caglar

09/13/2020 05:21 AM

Author Icon
monkey8
Top-Tier Member

Didn't realise it was you Caglar, email me. support@pcbyvoice.com

09/13/2020 05:39 AM

Author Icon
Grandslam

Any idea about how long it might take Nuance to obtain verification from Microsoft? I'd prefer to wait until this occurs before trying to convince my IT department to apply the update. Do you think it would be days/weeks?

09/13/2020 06:01 AM

Author Icon
monkey8
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: Grandslam Any idea about how long it might take Nuance to obtain verification from Microsoft? I'd prefer to wait until this occurs before trying to convince my IT department to apply the update. Do you think it would be days/weeks?

Sorry I have no idea. However the certificates just validate the organisation and you can be pretty sure the install will be fine but then that is up to your organisation. I'm surprised Nuance have not sorted out by now. However there could be all sorts of issues involved in achieving this for an organisation the size of nuance that none of us are aware of.

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » Dragon Speech Recognition » DPI 15.61 Is Ready to Download

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last unread
Statistics
31978 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 647 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 648 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.