Topic Title: "add-in for M-S Word not loaded"
Topic Summary: "add-in for M-S Word not loaded"
Created On: 02/12/2020 01:54 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 02/12/2020 01:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Captain

On opening a new Word document, a DNS message that "Dication is not possible or is restricted for the current window due to the add-in for M-S Word not being loaded".

If possible, can someone post a reply here suggesting how to respond to this message?

02/12/2020 02:41 PM

Author Icon
kkkwj
Top-Tier Member

It sounds like the COM addin for Word is disabled in your Word options. Try Word, File, Options, Addins, and find the Dragon addin (called Natspeak Word Addin) in one of the lists. It's a COM addin. When you find it, select it, go to the bottom of the window, choose Manage COM addins, Go. Then enable it. You might have to reboot Word at least, and maybe Dragon too, to pick up the change. 

-------------------------

Win10/x64, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 64GB RAM, Dragon 15.3, SP 6 PRO, SpeechStart, Office 365, KB 2017, Dragon Capture, Samson Meteor USB Desk Mic, Klim and JUKSTG earbuds with microphones, 3 BenQ 2560x1440 monitors, Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard and fat mouse

02/12/2020 03:15 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

kkkwj nailed it but you shouldn't have to relaunch Dragon. You will have to relaunch Microsoft Word because Microsoft Word and other Dragon friendly apps, should always be launched after Dragon. After you relaunch Word, double check your NatSpeak add-in to make certain that your checkmark held. If it doesn't, post back

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

02/12/2020 03:24 PM

Captain

1. I closed both Dragon and Word.
2. I opened a Word documnet without the message -- which I take to be a very good omen.

02/12/2020 03:29 PM

Captain

Originally posted by: Lunis Orcutt kkkwj nailed it but you shouldn't have to relaunch Dragon. You will have to relaunch Microsoft Word because Microsoft Word and other Dragon friendly apps, should always be launched after Dragon. After you relaunch Word, double check your NatSpeak add-in to make certain that your checkmark held. If it doesn't, post back

I doublechecked my NatSpeak add-in (see attachment), but, as I posted previously, a Word document opened without giving the message, after adding the add-in.

02/12/2020 07:18 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Not receiving a message should be a good thing because it means that Microsoft Word saved the NatSpeak add-in and you should be able to Select-&-Say dictate. You should also see a green • in the DragonBar.

Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

02/13/2020 05:56 AM

Author Icon
Stephan Kuepper
Top-Tier Member

Just as a small add-on to everyone's sage advice: You can turn the add-on off and on on the fly. No need to restart anything - neither Word nor Dragon.

Hope that helps, Stephan

www.egs-vertrieb.de - www.spracherkennungscloud.de

10/07/2020 02:02 PM

Author Icon
Dr. C
Power Member

Late addition to this thread: I have had this error come up on a regular basis for months using MS Word (starting DPI before MS Word). When I check the COM add-in under Options the NatSpeak Word Add-In is loaded and active. I have been ignoring this message, but have always wondered why it pops up.

Any ideas?

David

David Collier

DPI 15.61, Knowbrainer 2017, Sennheiser ME3, Logitech USB adapter, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MS Office 2016

10/07/2020 02:53 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

This error message pops up because Microsoft Word is kicking out the dgnword add-in. In other words you're not using it and you can tell by the absence of the green • in the DragonBar. You're in a Catch-22 situation. You can reenable the dgnword add-in but you have to close and re-launch Microsoft Word in order to take advantage of re-enabling the add-in. Unfortunately, when Word launches, it kicks out the Dragon add-in again. In other words, even though you may be able to dictate, you no longer have Select-&-Say or Active Accessibility. It's like playing COVID-19 dodgeball in the White House.

One workaround would be to right-click on a Microsoft Word shortcut and choose Run as Administrator. This will allow you to reenable the dgnword add-in and use it. Do not close Microsoft Word because the dgnword add-in will be kicked out again. When you open Microsoft Word as the administrator, you do not have to re-launch Word to activate the add-in. Of course this is only a temporary workaround.

Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » Dragon Speech Recognition » "add-in for M-S Word not loaded"

Statistics
32173 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 464 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 465 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.