KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: What the heck did I do???? Tons of stuff erased :-(
Topic Summary: The spoken phrase "respond to what's happening" causes massive erasure
Created On: 01/01/2021 09:46 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 01/01/2021 09:46 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Ric
Advanced Member

Every time I update KB, I go through the process of disabling all the commands I don't normally use and that appear to be causing unexpected reactions. This time, I haven't a clue what happened, so I don't know what to do to prevent it from happening again.

I was in the client version of Microsoft outlook, writing a very lengthy email to a friend and, in the middle of a sentence, began the next phrase with "respond to what's obviously happening here" and suddenly KnowBrainer started running some elaborate routine, which included selecting everything and then hitting delete and then typing other things (I can't remember what) and moving the cursor to the subject line. At this point, typing Control-Z did nothing to restore what had been lost. So, whatever routine was running is one that the system software did not recognize or keep record of.

After pulling out half of my hair and expanding my vocabulary with heretofore unknown paint-peeling sailor terminology, I did what Lunis once suggested when something similar to this happen previously, saying "show recognition history" to see what command was misbehaving. Unless I'm reading the results wrong (see attached) I'm learning nothing from this, as it appears to have heard exactly what I said.

Any idea what went wrong? Any idea what KB commanded is that I might need to disable to prevent this from happening in the future?

-------------------------

Ric M

01/01/2021 09:56 PM

Author Icon
Ric
Advanced Member

For reasons unknown, I can't get kNow-brainer to attach the screen capture file, so I've uploaded it to wetransfer.com https://we.tl/t-ev9DJ9srJV 

Ric M

01/02/2021 04:39 AM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

So here is your attachment:

So you dictated:

doesn't [Pause] respond to what's obviously happening here

With the phrase: respond to what's ...

Being recognised as a command, which you can tell from the line being marked with an X at the end in the recognition history.

So that boils down to Dragon recognising "Respond To <dictation>" which indicates being a KnowBrainer command, as you can tell from the command name being typed in initial caps. Which, in turn, results in Dragon recognising every phrase starting with "respond to" followed by just anything as a command, in this context.

No need to buy if all you want to do is try ...

DragonCapture KB Download (Latest)
DragonCapture Homepage

01/02/2021 05:18 AM

Author Icon
kkkwj
Top-Tier Member

Ah, now I see where my analysis fell short. I made the same analysis and reached the same conclusion that it was a command being recognized. But I couldn't make it do anything on my system because I didn't have KB running! So I just learned a few things (the little x in the recognition history) and to consider that KB (or whatever) might be doing the recognition.

Win10/x64, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 64GB RAM, Dragon 15.3, SP 6 PRO, SpeechStart, Office 365, KB 2017, Dragon Capture, Samson Meteor USB Desk Mic, Klim and JUKSTG earbuds with microphones, 3 BenQ 2560x1440 monitors, Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard and fat mouse

01/02/2021 08:52 AM

Author Icon
Ric
Advanced Member

Thx, R Wilke. I admit that I, like kkkwj, wasn't aware of the meaning of the X in that last column. I suspect another clue for me might have been the fact that the words Respond and To were oddly capitalized. So, now, I merely need to find and disable the Respond To command. Wondering if that might have been what happened, I have already looked for a "Respond To " command somewhere in kb, but didn't see it on first look (Outlook commands, global commands). I'll dig a little deeper. Thanks much for your help.

Ric M

01/02/2021 01:16 PM

Author Icon
Ric
Advanced Member

Found it! There were a few "respond to" KB commands in Microsoft outlook, which I have now disabled. Thanks for your help!

Ric M

01/02/2021 03:23 PM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

Oops, so there were some? - About time someone starts taking care of it.

No need to buy if all you want to do is try ...

DragonCapture KB Download (Latest)
DragonCapture Homepage

Statistics
31988 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 578 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 579 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.