Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/08/2021 11:20 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 01/08/2021 11:20 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mareid

I recently purchased SpeechStart+ and I generally love its functionality, but for some reason it runs incredibly slowly in a browser. Every time I say "show numbers", "show circles", or "show flags", it takes at least 25 seconds for it to execute the command. I've tried this several times, and actually timed the delay. It really is 25 seconds or longer, which makes the program of little use for productivity purposes. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas as to how to speed it up.

I'm running on the latest version of Windows 10, on an i7 computer with 16 GB of RAM and a fast SSD. Dragon itself works great, as does Dragon Capture, with no significant delays in input. SpeechStart+ works pretty well in programs such as Outlook and File Explorer, it's mainly in browsers where it seems to choke.

01/08/2021 12:28 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

The SpeechStart+ SHOW Numbers and SHOW Flags commands take about 5 seconds in Firefox and 2 seconds in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge respectively. We cannot explain your delay but you might consider using Click By Voice in Google Chrome & Microsoft Edge, as a workaround.

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

01/08/2021 04:01 PM

Author Icon
sterlingtimes
Top-Tier Member

I experienced this problem a couple years ago. Lindsay did try to help me out and he did see the problem on my machine but he was unable to resolve the issue. All worked correctly when I bought a new computer.

Does the first time that you say "show flags" respond fairly quickly but the 25 seconds delay starts on subsequent calls?

01/11/2021 07:57 AM

Author Icon
mareid

Thanks for your help everyone. I will have another go at Edge and Chrome, but I haven't been able to get the Dragon extension working in either of them for some reason. Only Firefox.

@sterlingtimes The problem does seem to get worse the longer my computer is running. It doesn't seem to happen specifically on the second invocation of "show flags", but I do notice that rebooting seems to fix it. It also doesn't seem to happen nearly as badly outside of Firefox. In general, SpeechStart+ seems to be pretty buggy. It always seems to eventually stop responding to commands and I have to restart it.
 01/11/2021 11:25 AM

Author Icon
sterlingtimes
Top-Tier Member

Speechstart+ works to prefection on my current computer. I do not think that Speechstart+ itself is buggy, rather it encounters something that acts as a "blocker". I agree that a reboot temporarly resets the problem and 25 seconds was the effective delay that I encountered on my prior computer. If you have Knowbrainer, you may suffer a similar delay for like numbering functions.

Speechstart+ can display some flags and circles outside of the normal screen. I get over this using Speech Productivity to resize the window to say 95% and then recentre the window.

01/11/2021 12:14 PM

Author Icon
tar

FYI, when you use the speech productivity size command for a window that's already maximized, it automatically centers the screen for you as well. 

-------------------------

Tom

programmer for: http://speechproductivity.eu/

Statistics
31988 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 579 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 581 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.