Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/31/2022 04:00 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 03/31/2022 04:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
sjtandlich

I have been using DNS 15.3 professional with Microsoft Word and Outlook over a remote company network (i.e. not locally) for certain editing tasks on company documents. For about three years, until this morning, DNS treated dictation into these remote versions of Word and Outlook as "unsupported applications" and immediately opened the dictation box. This worked well as the dictation box allowed for corrections and other commands, and then allowed me to insert my edits into these remote documents. But as of today, the dictation box no longer opens automatically and I am forced to dictate directly into Word and Outlook. This is a problem because although I can dictate, I can't edit or correct anything. It seems that Nuance (or Microsoft?) has converted these remote, over-the-network versions of Word and Outlook into supported applications, but just isn't providing any useful functionality.

Is there any way to fix this and restore the automatically reopening dictation box?

Note that I have already looked at the "miscellaneous" section under "options" in the DragonBar, and the "use the dictation box for unsupported applications" box is checked.

Thanks.

Seth

03/31/2022 08:23 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

When using cloud versions of Microsoft Word, Outlook etc. Dragon doesn't recognize them. Dragon only recognizes your browser which is why the Dictation Box doesn't automatically open. Whenever you see the green • or checkmark in the DragonBar, the Dictation Box will not automatically open. Here are a few options:

1. You can disable the Dragon extension in your browser. This should allow the Dictation Box to automatically open again but you will be sacrificing Active Accessibility.

2. You could optionally use DragonCapture to directly dictate in any non-Dragon friendly application but you won't have Select-&-Say. However, KnowBrainer 2020 can addd correcting and editing functionality but you would only be able to select text with your mouse. This option really depends on how good your accuracy is.

3. If your accuracy is perhaps less than optimal, you might consider using the KnowBrainer Notepad <dictation> command which allows you to open Notepad and simontaneously dictate. For example, if you say Notepad <what's up>, KnowBrainer will open Notepad and simontaneously type “Whats up”. As expected, you can transfer your text to your target application by saying Transfer.

-------------------------

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2022
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

03/31/2022 09:34 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

4. Automatic transfers + full Select-and-Say control = Auto Box©

Auto Box© is just one of the 30 modules in SP 7 Standard.

FYI, the recent Notepad 11.2112.32.0 in Windows 11 is almost unusable with Dragon® as discussed in this thread:

https://www.knowbrainer.com/forums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=9&threadid=36171#192397

-------------------------

https://speechproductivity.eu

Turbocharge your Dragon® productivity with 40 Power Addons

04/04/2022 05:15 AM

Author Icon
sjtandlich

Thank you very much for these suggestions.
KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » General Topics / Other » Dictation box problem

Statistics
32387 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 366 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 366 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.