Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/30/2020 11:17 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 12/30/2020 11:17 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
bpwrightwv

Would someone using the production version of DMO please provide a screen capture of your dictation box? I'm curious if there is some sort of Window label/ title bar.

The reason I ask, is DMPE does have a title bar, and it's used currently by our script to activate the window, to allow the script to "cut" the text, and then place it into our PACS, since the 2 are not integrated. 

Thanks

12/30/2020 01:10 PM

Author Icon
kernman

This?

12/31/2020 09:31 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

Something like this:

However, when it comes to activation via window title/exe name you may be interested in the (standalone) SP Dictation Boxes. One of my customers just confirmed that they work very well with DMO as long as the SP folder with the dictation box.exe files is placed in the environment/on the network computer that DMO is running on. From that point on they can also be used through Citrix remotely.

Both Standard and PRO boxes will work with DMO. Since the SP Dictation Box executable name is always "dictation box" it's easy enough to activate them in scripting. 

From within DMO it's easy to load the boxes via simple step-by-step commands.

Just a thought ;-).

-------------------------

01/06/2021 01:14 PM

Author Icon
bpwrightwv

Thanks,but if Nuance is managing the server, how do I get the executable onto the server hosting DMO?

Does this run in "hidden mode"?  We need to be able to manipulate PACS images while simultaneously dictating.  

Do you have a sample we could try? We're still evaluating DMO, and this is the one hangup for us

Thanks

01/06/2021 01:56 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: kernman This?

We removed your attachment because it produced an error. You will find 2 options in the How to Attach Pictures pdf

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

01/06/2021 04:42 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

Nuance is not managing the server/computer on which you've installed DMO. The Nuance Cloud Server just runs the program and processes your speech (remotely).

I guess it depends on whether you are directly connecting to the Dragon cloud server (with your local computer) or remotely via the EMR. But basically it comes down to whether you have access to any (local) computer drive or network drive. That's where the portable SP folder can be placed. You should then be able to use a simple DMO step-by-step command to browse to the portable SP folder with the SP Dictation Box executable file (exe).

Contrary to the DMO dictation box locking feature where the box can receive dictation even though it is not active window or even though it's minimized (awesome feature by the way!) the SP box needs to be open and have the focus in order to receive dictation. So it may not be what you are looking for in your specific situation.

Anyway I am still working on a special DB version for DMO users. If you like I can send you an email when it's ready. Just send me a PM.

01/06/2021 08:15 PM

Author Icon
ax
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: dilligence  ... Contrary to the DMO dictation box locking feature where the box can receive dictation even though it is not active window or even though it's minimized (awesome feature by the way!) the SP box needs to be open and have the focus in order to receive dictation. So it may not be what you are looking for in your specific situation.

Anyway I am still working on a special DB version for DMO users. If you like I can send you an email when it's ready. Just send me a PM.

Above kind of answered my question in an earlier thread, Rob.  But what about the "Quiet Box"?  Would that handle "anchored dictation focus" while the QB is not the active window?

To be able to receive text/speech/hotkeys while minimized is nifty indeed (if DMO's hidden box does that).  But it is mostly unnecessary, as long as it can receive input while inactive (i.e., not in focus).  From my recollection, MModal's "hidden speech box" gets speech while inactive (but not minimized).  Being inactive behind several other windows is not materially different from being minimized - for the majority of medical workflow.

From QB's description it sounds as though it could mimic the MModal "hidden speech box" function, no?  I.e., receiving input while not in focus?  Perhaps QB doesn't provide Rich Text Format ... but that some could do without.

01/06/2021 09:36 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

Yes and no. QB can be anchored to a specific target application, both in Auto mode as well as in Manual ("classic") mode. Personally I find that last one more interesting because I always want to be able to properly edit my dictation before sending it, in order to avoid tedious manual corrections later on.

But do realize that QB is always the topmost window. Even when it is running invisible. 

When it comes to DMO combined with SP 6 PRO. Since the latter creates temp files on predefined paths the former should be run from a local computer (this is the reason why I'm working on a completely portable DB for DMO).

Anyway, you can try it out for yourself, the on-demand SP 6 PRO demo is available. Just send me an email. 

01/06/2021 10:02 PM

Author Icon
ax
Top-Tier Member

A diligent night owl you are, considering the time in Holland!

I don't use DMO or MModal at the moment.  I am always on the look-out for options, however, in case my home-brewed solution stops working or hospital moves on to something else.

Anyhow, the "hidden dictation/speech box" function (i.e., receiving input while not in focus) is vital for medical workflow - even if the eventual transfer into target application is less than "fully automatic".  I am able to improvise the "hidden box" currently.  But should you be able to put together something similar in a "commercial package", I am sure there will be interested customers.  For one thing, even today non-medical versions of Dragon intentionally withhold that functionality, don't they?

Thanks for the clarification on QB!

01/06/2021 10:16 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

Don't get me started, let's say I'm not much good in the (late) morning :-(.

You are right, I can sure imagine that the hidden dictation box function is vital for medical workflow. Indeed some state-of-the-art functionality (the very cool dictation box in DMPE for one) is not being found in DPI/DPG versions.

"I am able to improvise the "hidden box" currently".

I'd be very interested to hear some more about that

01/06/2021 10:44 PM

Author Icon
ax
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: dilligence  

"I am able to improvise the "hidden box" currently".

I'd be very interested to hear some more about that

Most assuredly I am in no position to even think about "intercepting" or redirecting any Dragon output stream if that's what you are wondering.

Just fortuitously the nature of "embedded" Dragon in a web browser lends itself to receiving input while not being the active window.  That's the basis for getting around the otherwise stifling limitations with bread-and-butter "ControlSend" in AutoHotKey, with which you are familiar.

Not to risk any unintentional flame, and entirely thinking off the top of my head, I'd reckon that Herr Wilke's respectable nifty little tool might just be quite suited to streaming Dragon output into an arbitrary text window that's not in focus, if it doesn't do that already, for on-device Dragon installations.

And has Lindsay (Monkey8) not just demonstrated some GUI receiving voice input while not in focus?  Not that I was able to cipher other than a cursory glance through the comments.

What I'd be curious to know is whether non-medical flavoured cloud Dragon, e.g., Dragon Professional Anywhere (or similar), unlocks the hidden dictation box (i.e., anchoring focus) functionality.

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » DMPE, DMO and EMRs » DMO Dictation box

Statistics
31988 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 574 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 576 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.