KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Voice Typing on Google Docs seems more robust than expected
Topic Summary: But can't seem to figure out how to use it AND DPI?
Created On: 09/24/2022 09:00 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Voice Typing on Google Docs seems more robust than expected   - brooklyn cabin - 09/24/2022 09:00 PM  
 Voice Typing on Google Docs seems more robust than expected   - kkkwj - 09/24/2022 09:07 PM  
 Voice Typing on Google Docs seems more robust than expected   - brooklyn cabin - 09/25/2022 11:26 AM  
 Voice Typing on Google Docs seems more robust than expected   - kkkwj - 09/25/2022 02:41 PM  
 Voice Typing on Google Docs seems more robust than expected   - brooklyn cabin - 10/01/2022 09:15 PM  
Keyword
 09/24/2022 09:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
brooklyn cabin
Top-Tier Member

I know there are other users on this forum, like myself, who end up having to use Google docs more than they would like. I'm a writer at my job and I do a lot of writing and editing in GD. For the most part, I create my documents in Word and then share them as GD, but sometimes I get Google Docs shared with me that several other people are collaborating on.

Up until now, I've been cobbling together a solution by using Speech Productivity clip boards and Voice Computer. But I just discovered this Voice Typing page and it seems like the dictation and editing abilities within GD are actually more robust than I thought they were. Apparently, there is select-and-say ability.

The rub is that while my dictation is very good in GD now that I have turned on the Voice Typing feature, I'm not actually able to use any of the editing commands because I think Dragon is unable to read any text in a Google Doc. Only the Google Voice Typing tool would be able to read the text I've dictated, I think.

Is there a way to just use my microphone for Voice Typing and have it not be listening for Dragon? (Turning off my microphone in Dragon has not worked.) Ideally, I would want to be able to toggle these off and on. Any suggestions? 

Statistics
32430 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 480 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 480 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2023 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.