KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Dragon install CD, into the drive, blinks, will not go beyond that?
Topic Summary: How to overcome?
Created On: 07/24/2021 10:19 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 07/24/2021 10:19 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jackdashack

I purchased Dragon Naturally Speaking Home a little over a year ago. Installed it on an older PC. That PC crashed, not because of the Dragon install, other issues. Remarkably we got it restored. I never re-installed Dragon. Fast Forward I have a refurbished PC (are the details showing? I filled all that in) It's a faster newer PC. 

I've had this newer refurb one about 4 months or so. I deciided to reinstall Dragon on this one. Again, not the older original one. I put the install CD in and it blinks, stops and that's it. Never a pop up asking what to do with it? In Explorer I click on the DVD Drive to see the files on the CD and it says INSERT A CD ???? I thought the drive was bad. Then I tried another install CD and it works fine. It's the Dragon CD that won't.

Have they put some sort of hack imprint on there that stops a 2nd install? If so, that's nice. I have 2 pcs, no other users in the house but me. And neither can use the software.

Any help, of course, very appreciated.  Jack ":-\\

-------------------------
I'm speechless. Nothing to say! ;)

Statistics
32134 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 553 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 553 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.