KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: College provides Dragon 12?
Topic Summary: Isn't Dragon version 12 completely obsolete?
Created On: 07/09/2021 07:11 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 College provides Dragon 12?   - Ag - 07/09/2021 07:11 PM  
 College provides Dragon 12?   - Lunis Orcutt - 07/09/2021 08:20 PM  
 College provides Dragon 12?   - Ag - 07/10/2021 07:20 PM  
Keyword
 07/09/2021 07:11 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Ag
Top-Tier Member

College starts in September, and my daughter's college recommends a  reasonable  Lenovo laptop...

but they also say that they can provide/sell to students Dragon Premium v12

VERSION TWELVE !!! ???

isn't that completely obsolete, given that we are now at version 15.x ?

I wonder if they've just not updated their literature for quite a few years...  or is there some difference in version  numbering between educational products and what I buy off-the-shelf (actually, over the Internet  from Nuance or Lunis).

while I am checking on that, can anybody imagine any reason why I would not give my daughter one of my Dragon licenses? 

(No, I'm not  talking about sharing a license with her, I have two full Dragon licenses, DPI and DPG,  and I don't need both. (Heck,  perhaps I can add a user to my DPG  license -  but I don't need to do that unless my wife also wants to start using Dragon.))

plus there is the usual Premium vs Professional issue.   all things being equal, I would rather that she use the professional version  that can be extended. She might not write her own speech commands, but I can if she has a problem.  and I suspect that she will write her own speech commands...

is there any reason  that my daughter using DP[IG] Professional 15.x  would cause problems if  other students and faculty and/or the IT department of her college were using DPx 12? 

perhaps they are using something like DPG, and sharing course specific vocabularies?    and if I give her Dragon 15.x,  she might not be able to use the vocabulary that other students are using?

-------------------------

DPG15.6 (also DPI 15.3) + KB, Sennheiser MB Pro 1 UC ML, BTD 800 dongle, Windows 10 Pro, MS Surface Book 3, Intel Core i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.3/1.5GHz (4 cores, 8 logical, GPU=NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000 with Max-Q Design.

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » Dragon Speech Recognition » College provides Dragon 12?

Statistics
32177 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 403 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 403 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.