Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/10/2021 03:58 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 01/10/2021 03:58 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Todachen

So I have a number of webpages installed as standalone Microsoft Edge apps. What I'm talking about here is if you click the options menu and Microsoft Edge, and then you click apps, it allows you to install the website you're looking at as an app. When you do this, it appears under the start menu. And it opens as its own window which consistently has the same title, for example "Google Keep" .

I want to be able to preface a number scripts that I currently have that use variables , so that the command will switch to the app if it's open, or open it if it's not open, and then deliver commands to to the window after it has focus. I do not want to have to say "open Google Keep" and then have another voice trigger for other macros that operate on the window once it has focus press. I also do not want to have to say "switch to Google Keep" and then again use other voice triggers on the window. I want to write the scripts that will take care of switching to or opening the window for me so that regardless of what I'm doing on the computer, I can use voice triggers such as "add a note called " and that it either opens it or switches to the active window, then inserts the variable derived from the list in the title of the note has just opened in the Google Keep "app".

So I'm wondering if anybody knows how to program it so that Dragon looks to see if an instance of the app is open. If not, it opens the app and then proceeds to carry out the rest of the script after the window has focus, or else it will switch to the already opened instance of the window, and likewise proceed to carry out the rest of the script after the window has focus.

I've tried to do this with AppBringUp to no avail. While I am trying to learn VBA, I know nothing of next to nothing about it currently. My suspicion is that this needs to be done with VBA to first determine if the window is running on the system, and if it is, to switch to it, or else to open it.

Here are more details:

So if you install the website "Google Keep" as as an "app" as I've described above. It installs a shortcut in the following directory:

"C:\Users\[user account]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"

If you look at the properties of the shortcut and then go to the "shortcut" tab under properties, it shows this as its "target":

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge_proxy.exe" --profile-directory=Default --app-id=eilembjdkfgodjkcjnpgpaenohkicgjd --app-url=https://keep.google.com/?usp=installed_webapp"

And on that same "shortcut" tab it shows the following under "start in":

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application"

If you use the following:

AppBringUp "Google Keep"

Dragon presents an error window saying that it cannot find "Google Keep"

If you use the following:

AppBringUp "Google Keep", "C:\Users\[user account]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Google Keep"

It just kept opening new instances any time the macro fired, which I definitely do not want to do.

If you store the shortcut on your desktop, you can of course say "open Google Keep" and Dragon will open it. But like I said above I don't want to have to have 2 steps. I want to just dump whatever is in my mind into the voice trigger and it takes care of the rest.

I should also add that if you look at the properties of the shortcut, you can program a hotkey that will open it. If you do that though and use the hotkey it doesn't switch to it it just keeps opening new instances every time you use a hotkey.

So is there some sort of script that I can use that will either open it or switch to it if it is already open, and then proceed to carry out the rest of the script after the window has focus?

-------------------------

My voice computer: W10/DPI 15.6/KB2017/VC 2020 on a Intel Core i7-8559U CPU @ 2.70GHz, 16gb DDR4, Sennheiser ME 3D 431 II / Roccat Juke – ROC-14-11-AM

Statistics
31988 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 578 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 583 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.