KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: MMODAL FLUENCY DIRECT VERSUS DRAGON MEDICAL
Topic Summary: MMODAL FLUENCY DIRECT VERSUS DRAGON
Created On: 01/29/2017 01:22 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 MMODAL FLUENCY DIRECT VERSUS DRAGON MEDICAL   - MDH - 01/29/2017 01:22 PM  
 MMODAL FLUENCY DIRECT VERSUS DRAGON MEDICAL   - wkilpatrick - 12/01/2017 12:27 PM  
 MMODAL FLUENCY DIRECT VERSUS DRAGON MEDICAL   - holycowdidyouseethat - 12/22/2017 08:54 AM  
 MMODAL FLUENCY DIRECT VERSUS DRAGON MEDICAL   - Lunis Orcutt - 12/22/2017 11:59 AM  
 MMODAL FLUENCY DIRECT VERSUS DRAGON MEDICAL   - Mark Jany - 01/10/2018 11:29 AM  
 MMODAL FLUENCY DIRECT VERSUS DRAGON MEDICAL   - Lunis Orcutt - 01/10/2018 12:56 PM  
 MMODAL FLUENCY DIRECT VERSUS DRAGON MEDICAL   - DoctorW - 01/10/2018 01:00 PM  
 MMODAL FLUENCY DIRECT VERSUS DRAGON MEDICAL   - Lunis Orcutt - 01/10/2018 01:33 PM  
 MMODAL FLUENCY DIRECT VERSUS DRAGON MEDICAL   - Aaron Walker - 01/20/2018 12:54 PM  
 MMODAL FLUENCY DIRECT VERSUS DRAGON MEDICAL   - Lunis Orcutt - 01/20/2018 04:51 PM  
 MMODAL FLUENCY DIRECT VERSUS DRAGON MEDICAL   - R. Wilke - 01/20/2018 05:16 PM  
 MMODAL FLUENCY DIRECT VERSUS DRAGON MEDICAL   - Lunis Orcutt - 01/20/2018 06:12 PM  
 MMODAL FLUENCY DIRECT VERSUS DRAGON MEDICAL   - R. Wilke - 01/20/2018 08:02 PM  
Keyword
 01/29/2017 01:22 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MDH
Top-Tier Member

I have had the opportunity to compare MMODAL Fluency Direct use versus Dragon with an EMR (Greenway). It is my impression that MMODAL Fluency Direct has very comparable accuracy to Dragon, even comparing a new untrained Fluency Direct user vs a seasoned Dragon user. (I am using Dragon Medical v. 10.1). However, there are 2 glaring differences of Dragon vs MMODAL Fluency Direct use. Dragon's command functionality is much more sophisticated. For the user who does not know anything about writing commands, Fluency Direct has a much easier user method to build them.That said, for those who know nothing about Advanced Scripting, they are also much, much less likely to even consider creating or using a command. That would describe most physicians. For anyone serious about using commands to be much more efficient, there is no contest as far as Dragon's capabilities versus MMODAL Fluency Direct. Sure, there is a learning curve in Dragon (more than is needed with Fluency Direct), but the potential rewards are light years ahead of Fluency Direct's capabilities at present. Additionally, there seems to be a basic significant coding issue in Fluency Direct such that recognition of commands is currently way inferior to Dragon use. This problem largely negates the benefit of creating/using custom commands in Fluency Direct. Also, correcting misrecognitions is much better with Dragon. Fluency Direct's alternative to Dragon's Vocabulary Editor pales in comparison. We all know that using the Correction Box in Dragon is not very effective compared to using the Vocabulary Editor. With Fluency Direct, you need to select the text that you wish to correct. This negates the Language Model "context" method used by Dragon, which uses the phrase spoken. Also, it is more difficult to modify the Acoustic Model result in Fluency Direct, which is more aggressive than Dragon in choosing it's interpretation. Apparently Fluency Direct uses Deep Learning, but I thus far fail to see any obvious difference in recognition versus Dragon. Dragon does not yet have a Deep Learning medical version available. But I find it of concern that several people on this Forum have abandoned the non-medical Deep Learning version 15, and have reverted to a previous version. So whatever increased accuracy that may be apparent with Deep Learning at this point in time was not enough to justify the other hassles encountered. That said, keep in mind that this was only the first venture in to this new technology, and future versions are likely to be much better. However, another very obvious difference between using Dragon versus the MMODAL software is that the MMODAL support is heads and shoulders beyond what I have read on this Forum in regards to many user's interactions with Nuance. The MMODAL people are actively engaged, and genuinely open and interested in improving their product based on feedback. This seems in stark contrast to what I read here vs the Nuance support folk. So eventually, one might expect MMODAL to promote a much more enthusiastic user base and a more rapidly improving product. I suspect they will surpass the Nuance product soon. And they will have greater appeal to the relatively less sophisicated speech recognition user, which means most people. (We have to keep in my that by definition those on this Forum are by default biased in terms of being more interested in advanced use of speech recognition, but by no stretch of the imagination do we reflect the average user).

MDH

-------------------------
Statistics
31988 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 829 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 829 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.