KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Best Speech Recognition Software For PC?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/03/2018 10:01 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Best Speech Recognition Software For PC?   - nathanjame - 06/03/2018 10:01 PM  
 Best Speech Recognition Software For PC?   - ericnixmd - 06/03/2018 10:17 PM  
 Best Speech Recognition Software For PC?   - Lunis Orcutt - 06/04/2018 11:50 AM  
 Best Speech Recognition Software For PC?   - comodoro - 08/11/2018 02:37 AM  
 Best Speech Recognition Software For PC?   - Tiger Feet - 11/26/2018 09:40 AM  
Keyword
 06/03/2018 10:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
nathanjame

This member has been banned by the moderator. Unfortunately, this is a fake post that we also got sucked into responding. This has become a fairly popular spamming trick where spammers will post random letters, complement this forum or more commonly, copy someone else's answer and repeat it, to make them look legitimate.  This fake out has been known to slip past us because it's almost clever.  When 1 of these fake posts has been sitting on the forum for a while, they will come back and change the original post by inserting hyperlinks to places you do not want to go. Sorry this spammer took us so long to notice but it was brought to our attention when another spammer added to this link. Fortunately, we are now onto these tricksters, with some help from Rüdiger who has seen even more the spammers in Europe.

-------------------------
nathanjame

06/03/2018 10:17 PM

Author Icon
ericnixmd
Top-Tier Member

I think the only option for free dictation software is built-in software such as Siri. I doubt you will find a third-party offering such service. I believe Office now includes a dictation option (I've not found it nor have I tried it).
 06/04/2018 11:50 AM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Welcome to the World's Most Popular Speech Recognition Forum

Both Windows and Macs include rudimentary speech recognition utilities as part of the OS. You won't have nearly the capability of DPI 15.3 but you will have everything you have asked for. You can dictate, create scripting macros (to automate your workflow) and you will even have AI but you'll have to use different utilities for AI functionality. For example, Windows 10 Cortana includes some AI functionality. Unfortunately, you did not mention which OS you are using or took the time to fill out your forum profile so the best we can do is approximate our answer. This type of question could be better qualified if you tell us what computer you're using. Also note that the previous recommendations are little more than consumer speech recognition toys, when compared to Dragon but you already have the best free technology.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

08/11/2018 02:37 AM

Author Icon
comodoro

There is Pocket Sphinx https://github.com/cmusphinx/pocketsphinx that should work with Danesprite Dragonfly https://github.com/Danesprite/dragonfly. I say should because I have not tried it myself (yet), but it works for other people, most importantly Danesprite, who maintains his Dragonfly fork at least (perhaps mainly) for compatibility with this engine.

However, it is a bit experimental and is suited for tinkering with Dragonfly grammars (and Caster), I do not think it suitable as ready-made user solution.

11/26/2018 09:40 AM

Author Icon
Tiger Feet
Top-Tier Member

The short answer to the OP's question at this present point in time is Dragon, by a long shot.

Cheers

Tiger Feet

| DPI 15.3 | KnowBrainer 2017 | Windows  10 Professional /64 Bit | Intel Core i7 Quad Core 3840QM (2.80GHz) 8MB | 16GB RAM. | 240GB Intel 520 Series SSD Boot Drive | 750GB 7200 rpm Secondary Drive  | Sennheiser D10-USB Wireless. |

Statistics
31793 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 748 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 748 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.