Created On: 01/08/2012 02:06 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Microsoft windows speech recognition   - lefty4ever - 01/08/2012 02:06 PM  
 Microsoft windows speech recognition   - Lunis Orcutt - 01/08/2012 11:05 PM  
Keyword
 01/08/2012 02:06 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

lefty4ever

I had dragon set up but having alot of problems with the microphone then i realized i had Microsoft speech recognition and thought this is awesome but i am having so much trouble opening programs and it not understanding what I'm saying then it ends up going to a whole different site then i read about this macros and i have the downloaded a cheat sheet on what to say and i started a profile but now it wont do anything but say what did you say. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix this problem.

-------------------------
lefty4ever christy_kroyer@mchsi.com
 01/08/2012 11:05 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Even though NaturallySpeaking is a little more accurate than WSR, speech recognition can only be as strong as its weakest link. When we looked up your forum profile, it stated that you're using a wired microphone (no-name brand) and no information on your sound card. Are you perhaps using the manufacturer OEM microphone that came with DNS Standard 10 and an integrated soundcard? If so, we may have identified the culprit. The $5 microphone that's included with DNS Standard is simply unacceptable and we typically recommend against the use of integrated soundcards. If you are using an integrated soundcard and an OEM microphone, we suspect that upgrading your soundcard & microphone will work wonders in either speech recognition application.

-------------------------

Click KB 2012 REV D to Download a 30 Day Evaluation of KnowBrainer 2012
Click SpeechStart+ to Download a 15 Day Evaluation of SpeechStart+

Statistics
28336 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 2028 on 04/05/2013 at 07:36 PM.
There are currently 116 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 118 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.