KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: DMPE4 and Citrix/Epic - Can't Dictate into Chart
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/16/2019 10:22 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 DMPE4 and Citrix/Epic - Can't Dictate into Chart   - ericnixmd - 12/16/2019 10:22 PM  
 DMPE4 and Citrix/Epic - Can't Dictate into Chart   - Lunis Orcutt - 12/17/2019 12:31 PM  
Keyword
 12/16/2019 10:22 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ericnixmd
Top-Tier Member

One of my colleagues asked that I look at his DMPE installation today (since I'm a geek and a Dragon guru).

He's able to dictate into the dictation box without a problem.  However, he cannot dictate directly into Epic (connected via Citrix) for either the notewriter or in the diagnosis section.  Dictation can be transferred from dictation box to Epic without problems.  He can dictate directly into Word without problems.

I have the same setup as him and can still dictate directly into Citrix/Epic.

Short of uninstalling and reinstalling DMPE4, any ideas what could be going on?  I uninstalled Citrix Receiver and reinstalled it.  Still didn't change it.  Oddly enough, if he has a macro command or canned autotext, it will still place that directly into the chart.

12/17/2019 12:31 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Don't waste your time reinstalling DMPE4 because this won't fix a sluggish network issue.

If your colleague is dictating into Epic, through a Dragon friendly browser like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Chromium Edge, he will need to disable the Dragon Medical Web Extension and use DragonCapture. If your colleague is using Firefox or directly dictating into Epic, he will only need DragonCapture. However, Epic is not Dragon friendly so verbal correcting isn't easy because DragonCapture will think that you have moved to a different field and capitalize the 1st letter. Like Dragon, DragonCapture doesn't know where the words are. This is where KnowBrainer 2017 comes in. KnowBrainer trigger commands like Type <dictation> are ideally suited to correcting, editing and short dictations. Of course we are resellers but we also use both of these utilities. In fact, we even use KnowBrainer AI commands for correcting in Microsoft Word because we don't like wasting time deploying a 2nd command to move the cursor to the end of the current paragraph. Both of these utilities are also available in 30 day trials.

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

Statistics
31795 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 545 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 545 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.