KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Repeating letters in words when using Dragon Medical Practice Edition
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/15/2019 09:45 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 03/15/2019 09:45 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
keashdoc

Hi I have the Dragon Medical Practice Edition. When I dictate, Dragon will frequently repeat letters (ie.  instead of patient - it will transcribe ppaatient, headaches -> heaadaches)   This happens in all apps (word, textbox, etc) so its not app specific.  I contacted Dragon support but they had no clue and were no help.   This happens on 2 machines with 2 different mics so its not a machine issue.  

Any help would be appreciated

Keash

-------------------------
Keash Doc
 03/15/2019 11:13 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

This is most likely because you are dictating into a cloud-based EMR through a Citrix network which can be miserable. Your EMR is also unlikely Dragon friendly, which is noted by the missing DragonBar upper right corner green dot.

You could eliminate this problem with a couple of third-party command utilities which offer lots of other functions. We recommend trying the 30 day trial of DragonCapture (download) and a 30 day trial of KnowBrainer Professional 2017.

DragonCapture allows you to directly dictate into non-Dragon supported applications by using a process we refer to as Smart Natural Text. You are currently using regular Natural Text which doubles letters, drops words, occasionally incorrectly spaces words and fails to apply capitalization, where needed. DragonCapture is very smart about capitalization and spacing. Most importantly, it includes TypeMode which Simulates Keystrokes. The reason for your double lettering is because Dragon dictation is too fast for the network. It would be nice if Nuance handled this themselves (which should be obvious) but that's why third-party utilities exist.

KnowBrainer includes thousands of commands ranging from simplifying your workflow (increasing your productivity) to verbally creating your own commands but in this case, KnowBrainer includes 2 correction commands which work with DragonCapture. For example, if you need to change the word “brown” to “yellow” try double-clicking the word you wish to dictate and saying Say <yellow> or Insert <yellow>, depending on the situation. These are just 2 examples of time-saving numerous correcting/editing commands.

PS: We forgot to mention the KnowBrainer Dragon Installation/Training Guide, which is complementary to our Dragon customers, includes lots of unexpected features such as eliminating Dragon sand traps.

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

06/22/2020 05:28 PM

Author Icon
sam123

I recently started using Dragon Capture because I was having the same issue. It corrected the problem of double letters randomly being placed in the front of some words and also corrected the issue I was having re not always placing a space between words. It still does not always cap the first word in a sentence though. Are others having the same problem?
I am running Dragon Medical 4.3 on a windows 7 computer.
Thanks
Statistics
31789 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 646 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 647 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.