KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Looking for a recommendation of a Google Chrome Dictation Extension
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/25/2020 10:49 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 07/25/2020 10:49 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
techwizard

Hi all,

Hope someone can help me find a solution.

I am currently working with someone who has Linux, and limited use of their hands.

To compensate for it, I would like to install some dictation software. So far, I have not found any satisfactory Linux based solutions, and I have found that I cannot install Dragon properly, so I thought I would explore the use of Google Chrome and its extensions, which has a number of dictation extension options.

My question is - has anyone got any experience of using Google Chrome Dictation extensions, and if so, is there one that works better than others ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

GW

07/26/2020 01:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

The only recommendation we can make is to switch to Windows 10 because it includes about 1000 times more support. Most developers do not want to spend time on Linux because it garners <2% of the population where Microsoft Windows takes a 78% chunk and that's where the profit is. Even OS X has to settle for the leftovers at 18%. Dragon is is the only game in town but Nuance doesn't even support Apple, let alone Linux. While Linux is a vastly superior OS, it's the market that rules in the end. Another good reason to switch to Windows is that KnowBrainer 2017 (w/2020 AI Commands) is freely available to anyone with a permanent physical disability and it is only available in Windows.

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

Statistics
31793 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 635 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 635 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.