KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: microphone for middle schooler
Topic Summary: I have a middle school student who is using DNS 11.5.
Created On: 02/23/2012 05:51 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 microphone for middle schooler   - pperlroth - 02/23/2012 05:51 PM  
 microphone for middle schooler   - Lunis Orcutt - 02/23/2012 07:50 PM  
 microphone for middle schooler   - wheelstb - 02/25/2012 08:11 PM  
 microphone for middle schooler   - MDH - 02/25/2012 09:48 PM  
 microphone for middle schooler   - mathewines - 03/13/2012 02:03 AM  
Keyword
 02/23/2012 05:51 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

pperlroth

We put him on a new laptop ( we checked the specs before buying but don't have them with me at the moment) with Windows 7.  We are using a Parrot VXI microphone with the USB adapter. Worked GREAT!!!  Then didn't work at all.  Kept repeating him him him.  Tried the microphone and reanalyzed the volume.  Still did this.  Tried another microphone and it is working great.  My question(s) are two:

Anyone heard of this repeating words?  I have never gotten this before and I thought it might be the input microphones????

Is there a microphone that you can recommend for a middle schooler (who is a bit rough)?  We don't have a lot of money but this would be our third Parrot with him so.....Thank you! 

-------------------------

Phyllis

DNS preferred version 9.5 

02/23/2012 07:50 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Welcome to the World’s Most Popular Speech Recognition Forum

VXI microphones typically include a two-year warranty so if you still have your receipt or if you purchased it from us (we have your receipt) you can get your current microphone replaced if the microphone is the problem.

Most of the time when you see “him him him” the sound system is typically suffering some form of interference. Our 1st recommendation would be to rerun the Audio Check and press the Play button in the last stage to listen for possible interference. While you're running the Audio Check, please also wiggle the microphone cable. If you have a frayed cable, it will show up in the playback but if you have some form of interference, you should be able to hear it. This will help to identify the problem. Considering that your 2nd microphone worked, it seems likely that your 1st microphone is defective but if it's under warranty, you won't need to purchase anything.

We have other microphone recommendations but let's find out if you actually need a new microphone or if you're still covered by the warranty.

Click KB 2012 REV D to Download a 30 Day Evaluation of KnowBrainer 2012
Click SpeechStart+ to Download a 15 Day Evaluation of SpeechStart+

02/25/2012 08:11 PM

wheelstb
Top-Tier Member

If they are looking to dictate while they're in school. I would recommend the boom o. It has great noise canceling ability and you can basically whisper into the microphone and still be understood well by Dragon. It's definitely something I wish I had when I was in school.
 02/25/2012 09:48 PM

Author Icon
MDH
Top-Tier Member

Quote:
I would recommend the boom o....you can basically whisper into the microphone and still be understood well by Dragon

I totally agree, as this is exactly what I was forced to do with my BOOM O one evening about 2 months ago when I had laryngitis, but had to dictate my patient visits from that day. I was very surprised how good the accuracy still was.

03/13/2012 02:03 AM

mathewines

A desk microphone tends to be an ideal solution if your static ICT learning location such as an ICT suite. Desk Microphones are good for recording up to 2 people and tend not to get as damaged as head sets. Logitech 534 Desk Microphone. from £10.76 is the best microphone for middle schooler.

Download Frostwire
KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » Microphones and Sound Cards » microphone for middle schooler

Statistics
28394 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 2028 on 04/05/2013 at 07:36 PM.
There are currently 121 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 124 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.