KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Problem With MouseGrid & correcting words with capital letters
Topic Summary: My MouseGrid disappears after speaking 2 numbers & the cap is in front of corrected words
Created On: 05/06/2010 11:23 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 05/06/2010 11:23 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dbassman
Power Member

I am having two problems with my Dragon NaturallySpeaking the biggest one just started today with my MouseGrid. When I say MouseGrid it comes up, but after speaking 2 numbers, the MouseGrid disappears. On rare occasions I can get 3 numbers out before it disappears. After that I have to use the move mouse command. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

My second problem has been going on for quite a while and has to do with the correction feature of DNS. If I use the Cap command to capitalize a word and get the wrong word if I say select word (word being the incorrect word) and then choose the corrected word from the list instead of correcting the word with a capital letter it actually puts "cap word". Is there a setting in DNS that I have incorrect that is causing this?

-------------------------

Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 Premium - KnowBrainer 2012

Dektop:  INTEL i7-2600k  3.40GHz Quad-Core, 16 GB RAM, 10.25TB HD Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Andrea USB soundcard, TableMike 9.1

Laptop: Dell Precision M4700, Intel Core i7 3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3 RAM,  250GB SSD HD, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Andrea USB soundcard, theBoom V4 mic

05/06/2010 11:44 AM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

Quote:
My second problem has been going on for quite a while and has to do with the correction feature of DNS. If I use the Cap command to capitalize a word and get the wrong word if I say select word (word being the incorrect word) and then choose the corrected word from the list instead of correcting the word with a capital letter it actually puts "cap word". Is there a setting in DNS that I have incorrect that is causing this?

Dan,

no, there is nothing wrong with your settings, and there is nothing you could do about it. Unfortunately, this is a severe bug in version 10.1 which hopefully will be resolved in the next version. The same kind of behavior can also happen with "no-caps", for instance, or with any other so-called inline or structured command.

If it happens, your best bet would be to either re-dictate the word altogether, or say "capitalize word".

Sorry I can't help you with the mousegrid problem. 

Rüdiger

05/06/2010 12:52 PM

Author Icon
monkey8
Top-Tier Member

Quote:
When I say MouseGrid it comes up, but after speaking 2 numbers, the MouseGrid disappears. On rare occasions I can get 3 numbers out before it disappears. After that I have to use the move mouse command. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

dbassman

I would suggest that you "view recognition history" to check exactly what DNS thought you said, you then might get some clues as to why it has done this.

Lindsay

www.pcbyvoice.com
www.pcbyvoice.co.uk

05/06/2010 04:36 PM

Author Icon
dbassman
Power Member

Lindsay,

I did what you said but did you see anything out of the ordinary. From the time I first started using the MouseGrid this morning it was acting up as I mentioned. I checked the history did not see any commands that would've changed the way the MouseGrid is working. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Dan

Dektop:  INTEL i7-2600k  3.40GHz Quad-Core, 16 GB RAM, 10.25TB HD Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Andrea USB soundcard, TableMike 9.1

Laptop: Dell Precision M4700, Intel Core i7 3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3 RAM,  250GB SSD HD, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Andrea USB soundcard, theBoom V4 mic

05/06/2010 05:32 PM

Author Icon
monkey8
Top-Tier Member

Dan

personally I would just create a new user profile, set training to "none" and you can set up your new user in about five minutes.  Just verify then that the MouseGrid then works again and then it's your choice.  You can mess about for quite awhile and try and work out the problem but when I get strange problems like this (which a reboot doesn't resolve) I just set up the new user (I don't think it's as big a loss as many say).  Remember to export all your custom words and leave your old users there for the minute and of course copy your commands across (easiest way is just to copy the mycmds.dat from your older user to your new user and then restart DNS).

Lindsay

www.pcbyvoice.com
www.pcbyvoice.co.uk

05/06/2010 04:46 PM

Alan Cantor
Top-Tier Member

Quote:
When I say MouseGrid it comes up, but after speaking 2 numbers, the MouseGrid disappears. On rare occasions I can get 3 numbers out before it disappears.

The MouseGrid is doing exactly what it is supposed to do. After you say "MouseGrid," you are supposed to say numbers as a way to zero in on a screen target. Each time you say a number one through nine, the MouseGrid shrinks to fill the previous numbered grid.

To get rid of the MouseGrid, do one of two things:

1. Say "Click,""Right Click," or "Double-Click." The mouse pointer will click in the middle of grid 5. The MouseGrid will disappear.
  2. Say "Cancel."

05/06/2010 10:32 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Quote:
The MouseGrid is doing exactly what it is supposed to do. After you say "MouseGrid," you are supposed to say numbers as a way to zero in on a screen target.

We believe that dbassman is following the protocol but for some reason, NaturallySpeaking is losing the MouseGrid after the 1st or 2nd number is uttered while dbassman is still attempting to zero in on the desired object. Although we are not experiencing this issue, as Rüdiger pointed out, it's been brought up before. We don't have a solution but at least when it comes to using Windows Explorer, you can typically say the name of a file, to highlight it, because Explorer is Select-&-Say enabled. In other situations you can often get away with commands like Up 8 or Right 3 to move the cursor to the next field or icon.

Click KB 2012 REV D to Download a 30 Day Evaluation of KnowBrainer 2012
Click SpeechStart+ to Download a 15 Day Evaluation of SpeechStart+

05/07/2010 11:56 AM

Author Icon
dbassman
Power Member

Quote:
We believe that dbassman is following the protocol but for some reason, NaturallySpeaking is losing the MouseGrid after the 1st or 2nd number is uttered while dbassman is still attempting to zero in on the desired object.

You are correct Linus.

I corrected my problem by doing a system restore with Windows and restoring the system to an earlier point before the problem started. I tried creating a new user like Lindsey suggested, but it did not help so I decided to try the system restore and my MouseGrid is now back to normal.

Thanks for your help anyway, hopefully this will help anyone else that encounters the same problem.

Statistics
28136 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 2028 on 04/05/2013 at 07:36 PM.
There are currently 133 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 134 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.