KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The VoicePower Competitive No-Risk Upgrade Special!
Topic Summary: Now you can try out VoicePower 10 for $99.00 until September 30th!!! ***
Created On: 09/13/2008 11:48 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 The VoicePower Competitive No-Risk Upgrade Special!   - VoiceTeach - 09/13/2008 11:48 AM  
 The VoicePower Competitive No-Risk Upgrade Special!   - JediNein - 09/13/2008 12:17 PM  
 The VoicePower Competitive No-Risk Upgrade Special!   - VoiceTeach - 09/13/2008 12:33 PM  
 The VoicePower Competitive No-Risk Upgrade Special!   - Dana - 09/13/2008 12:39 PM  
 The VoicePower Competitive No-Risk Upgrade Special!   - Chucker - 09/13/2008 01:56 PM  
 The VoicePower Competitive No-Risk Upgrade Special!   - G.J. Premo - 09/13/2008 07:51 PM  
 The VoicePower Competitive No-Risk Upgrade Special!   - Chucker - 09/13/2008 08:12 PM  
 The VoicePower Competitive No-Risk Upgrade Special!   - Jhawk - 09/13/2008 09:21 PM  
 The VoicePower Competitive No-Risk Upgrade Special!   - phils - 09/14/2008 01:08 AM  
 The VoicePower Competitive No-Risk Upgrade Special!   - Elainerezz - 09/14/2008 07:48 AM  
 The VoicePower Competitive No-Risk Upgrade Special!   - Chucker - 09/14/2008 08:35 AM  
 The VoicePower Competitive No-Risk Upgrade Special!   - fl - 09/14/2008 10:42 AM  
 The VoicePower Competitive No-Risk Upgrade Special!   - Elainerezz - 09/14/2008 01:25 PM  
 The VoicePower Competitive No-Risk Upgrade Special!   - fl - 09/14/2008 09:02 PM  
Keyword
 09/13/2008 11:48 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

VoiceTeach

Last year, at least a dozen forum members tested both VoicePower and KnowBrainer in a friendly challenge and wrote their reviews for all to read. (http://www.speechcomputing.com/forum/67)

Since then, dozens of other KnowBrainer users have tried out VoicePower.

And? - VoicePower is a keeper! -

I have been testing and using VoicePower now for over 6 months and I am continually amazed at its comprehensiveness and usability. Chuck, http://www.speechcomputing.com/node/1936

So all in all, having used it now for about six months I find it invaluable. Rob, http://www.speechcomputing.com/node/1648 

Do they know something you don’t? Why don’t you find out? – risk-free!! To participate in our Competitive Upgrade Discount simply send an e-mail to us at info@voiceteach.com or fax us at 650-757-4502 with a proof of purchase of the KnowBrainer software (or the Say-I-Can training videos). We will send you a $96. discount code that you can use to buy VoicePower 10 for $99.

Not a user of a competitive product? Send us an e-mail and we’ll send you a $50. discount code that you can use to buy VoicePower 10 for $145.

This is a limited time offer! 

30-day money back guarantee!

Visit us on the web at http://www.voiceteach.com

Questions? E-mail us at info@voiceteach.com

09/13/2008 12:17 PM

JediNein

Having not logged into this forum for awhile, the second thread I see is this.

Without knowing any of the previous stories between software vendors, and not seeing anything in the post addressing it, my thoughts are: "How unprofessional. If you want to advertise your product, start your own forum and spend years selling the product, answering tech support questions on various forums, and being a general all-around nice guy, not a fricking leech."

And it is spam.

09/13/2008 12:33 PM

VoiceTeach

First of all, Lunis has never objected to anything that I have ever put on this forum. This is, as Lunis has often said, an independent forum. 

VoicePower has been on the market for 7 years.  It has been frequently reviewed as a very powerful and useful program for Dragon NaturallySpeaking. It is used by departments of rehabilitation, government agencies, universities, corporations around the world...

We work 14 hour days supporting our clients and simply haven't had the time to create and support a user forum.

Also, I'd normally place offers like this on the Nuance forum.  But, since the Nuance forum is now inactive, I'm posting on independent forums and I've asked my web master to create a VoicePower forum.

Ron

09/13/2008 12:39 PM

Author Icon
Dana

JediNein

I doubt that you will find very many users of this forum complaining about these types of information posts.  I, for one, appreciate anything that might assist me in using Dragon NaturallySpeaking more efficiently.

Dana

-------------------------

Dana Joan - Vero Beach, FL  -  Dragon NaturallySpeaking Medical, Version 10.1; General Medical Large Vocabulary; Windows 8.1 (on desktop); Windows 7 (on laptop) and Sennheiser MD 431 II mic with the Andrea USB pod on both computers; LAPTOP: HP Compaq 8710p; Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7300 @ 2.00 GHz 2.00 GHz; 2.00 GB RAM; DESKTOP: Intel(R) Core i5; 12 GB RAM.

09/13/2008 01:56 PM

Author Icon
Chucker
Top-Tier Member

Quote:
Having not logged into this forum for awhile, the second thread I see is this.

Without knowing any of the previous stories between software vendors, and not seeing anything in the post addressing it, my thoughts are: "How unprofessional. If you want to advertise your product, start your own forum and spend years selling the product, answering tech support questions on various forums, and being a general all-around nice guy, not a fricking leech."

And it is spam.

Not having logged on to this forum in quite a while, your comment is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.

Your comment is highly unprofessional, in poor taste, and definitely uncalled for.  Since you don't know the history of the product or the quality/value of it, or the history of postings on this forum, you're spouting pontifica out of your navel.  Get a life.  There are better ways of phrasing your feelings.

Nobody's forcing you to buy his product.

Chuck Runquist
Former Dragon NaturallySpeaking SDK & Senior Technical Solutions PM for DNS for Lernout & Hauspie (L&H)

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving."-- Dale Carnegie

09/13/2008 07:51 PM

G.J. Premo
Top-Tier Member

I don't see any kettle/pot/black problem with Jed's post.  Its an understandable and appropriate reaction to the advertising.

As far as not being forced to buy, that argument would condone any sort of spam,  advertising or solicitation.

09/13/2008 08:12 PM

Author Icon
Chucker
Top-Tier Member

Quote:
I don't see any kettle/pot/black problem with Jed's post.  Its an understandable and appropriate reaction to the advertising.

As far as not being forced to buy, that argument would condone any sort of spam,  advertising or solicitation.

Look, let's get something straight from the get-go.

If you can't post on a forum respectfully, particularly if you don't know the individual that you're talking about or the product being referenced, then don't post anything at all.

Flaming and character assassination is inappropriate on any forum at any time for any reason.  I know Ron and his integrity is impeccable.  It is not his intent to "leach" sales off this or any other form.  He has an excellent product well worth looking at.  It works side-by-side with KnowBrainer, it has different features and functions, and it is generally beneficial for all users.  Both products together double the productivity of the average user.  So let's get real and just kill the BS and move on.  Enough is enough.

If any poster on this forum thinks that using the language to which I'm referring is appropriate, I would suggest that you go play in traffic.

Chuck Runquist
Former Dragon NaturallySpeaking SDK & Senior Technical Solutions PM for DNS

"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." -- Mark Twain

09/13/2008 09:21 PM

Jhawk

I would second Chucker's post.  Without this forum I would never have become aware of VoicePower and the $50 discount to KB users (geez - now it's a $99 discount).  KB and VP complement each other very well to enhance DNS.  I don't really see them as competitors - they each add something to DNS in different ways. Using one does not make me want to give up the other.  I've had VP since June and was eligible for an upgrade to v10.  I purchased and am awaiting KB10 (DNS pro upgrade keeps getting pushed back) and it wasn't for anything lacking in either product.  I think using both products allow you to do some pretty amazing things and increase productivity - more so than either product alone.

DNS 12.5 Pro, KB2012D, Voicepower (latest version), i7 920,12GB RAM, Intel G2 80G SSD, WD 1Tb Caviar HD,Win7 Pro 64 bit, Samson Airline 77/Plantronics CS-55, Andrea Soundpod/ASUS N53S laptop i7 2670Q w 16GM RAM

09/14/2008 01:08 AM

Author Icon
phils
Top-Tier Member

I use VoicePower and Know Brainer. they are complementary and anyone who earns a living using DNS should have both.

Phil Schaadt

09/14/2008 07:48 AM

Elainerezz

Quote:
If you can't post on a forum respectfully, particularly if you don't know the individual that you're talking about or the product being referenced, then don't post anything at all. Flaming and character assassination is inappropriate on any forum at any time for any reason.

Quote:
you're spouting pontifica out of your navel. Get a life.

Two quotes above from a forum moderator, make your own mind up. Perhaps it would be appropriate to state your interest commercial and otherwise in this product Chucker. Are you not involved in its development in anyway? Do you get any financial reward for your cooperation in development.

Of course it is blatant advertising, not that I care, but as the original poster pointed out simply contradictory to the KnowBrainer mantle of "no advertising". So at least have the integrity to state your interest in this product and make your postings from that standing and not from the standing of a forum moderator.

Elaine

09/14/2008 08:35 AM

Author Icon
Chucker
Top-Tier Member

Elaine,

First, my designation as forum moderator was at the behest and request of Lunis. He asked if I wouldn't moderate the hardware sections of this forum, to which I agreed. However, I have absolutely no control over the display of that moniker. That is completely controlled by the webmaster and KnowBrainer.  In addition, my status as moderator does not apply with reference to this or any other software section of the KnowBrainer website.

Second, I'm not speaking as anyone other than myself as an individual poster on this web site. My comments are my own and they are not based on my being a moderator or for any other than personal reasons. I stand by what I say. Lunis understands where I'm coming from and also understands where Ron is coming from. The fact that Lunis hasn't jumped in on this topic should tell you something. Both VoicePower and KnowBrainer are complementary products, not competitive products. Neither detracts from the other, and both enhance each other. My understanding is that there is an agreement between KnowBrainer and VoicePower (Ron-VoiceTeach) that neither one is trying to overpower the other.

Third, I have no commercial interest in this product, nor do I receive any financial compensation from working with Ron on VoicePower. What I do for him is provided gratis. I do what I do for Ron because I believe that the product is a viable third-party add-on for anyone using Dragon NaturallySpeaking, as I do also for KnowBrainer. I base that on 15+ years of experience in speech recognition, including my 5+ years as programming/project manager for the Dragon NaturallySpeaking SDK and Technical Solutions Program manager for L&H (Lernout & Hauspie).  I have no commercial interest, nor do I derive any compensation from either VoiceTeach or KnowBrainer and I support both equally based on their merits and usefulness, as well as their distinctions.

Quote:
Of course it is blatant advertising, not that I care, but as the original poster pointed out simply contradictory to the KnowBrainer mantle of "no advertising". So at least have the integrity to state your interest in this product and make your postings from that standing and not from the standing of a forum moderator.

My concern with the original post is in reference to the language used. "freaking leach" is never appropriate language. That's a character reference. The poster came into this forum after having been absent for some time and didn't know anything about VoicePower or what has been going on. Ron has not been advertising VoicePower on a regular basis or trying in any way to push it as a competitive replacement or alternative. He simply periodically posts the availability of new versions. Some might take it as "blatant advertising" and that's their prerogative. What I find offensive is flaming and abusive language.

You're entitled to your opinion and, in fact, it may appear to be contradictory to the KnowBrainer mantle of "no advertising". However, the relationship between KnowBrainer and VoiceTeach is cordial, understanding, and accepting. There is no bad blood between the two of them and Lunis does not consider this to be inappropriate. If he did, he would remove it, which would be his right if he felt it was as blatant as you claim.

Lunis and I have known each other for a very long time. Lunis knows that I don't bark unless I see something displayed on this forum or any other forum that is inappropriate.

What I'm referring to is called manners. And, it appears, from time to time, that some of those who post on various forums were never taught such. Complaining about advertising is one thing, character assassination and inappropriate/abusive language is another. I stand by my comments based on over 25 years of technical support, beginning when the Internet was a UNIX-based, MS-DOS accessed interface.

The long and the short of it is, it doesn't matter one way or the other who I am or what I am. What is in question here is the appropriateness of the language used in the original post. It still remains inappropriate and abusive. And it still remains unacceptable. So I will re-emphasize my point: If anyone posting on any forum can't understand this or accept it the way it is intended, then I would suggest that you do us all a favor and go play in traffic.

Chuck Runquist

Former Dragon NaturallySpeaking SDK & Senior Technical Solutions PM for DNS

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving."-- Dale Carnegie

09/14/2008 10:42 AM

fl

I try to dissuade my young nieces from using words like "frickin", as I feel that the cursing lies as much in the use of the word as in the word itself, and my sweet nieces don't need to be modifying their statements with a euphemistic form of the four-letter word.

That said, I find the repeated suggestion that people who don't agree with Chuck should kill themselves to be far less appropriate and far more offensive, even if it is made in jest. 

"Posting respectfully" doesn't just mean avoiding certain words, it means being respectful to others. The "go play in traffic" comments, to me, show great conceit and little respect.

09/14/2008 01:25 PM

Elainerezz

I believe if you are personally involved with the development, or have input considered for the development in anyway, you should declare your interest. It's law in many aspects of the financial world and should be an unwritten law on an independent forum. So it does matter who or what you are, it matters a lot, I doubt you would have been so quick to jump to the defence of Voicepower if you hadn't been personally involved.

You can't accuse someone of "character assassination" and then turn around and attempt to character assassinate them using phrases like "you're spouting pontifica out of your navel" and "get a life" even if you are jumping to the defence of a friend or associate.

Elaine Resvaska

09/14/2008 09:02 PM

fl

What is "spouting pontifica" supposed to mean anyway?
Statistics
28522 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 2028 on 04/05/2013 at 07:36 PM.
There are currently 121 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 124 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.