KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: SpeechWare FlexyMike vs Plantronics Blackwire 435
Topic Summary: You forget how good a good microphone is until you go back to your old one!
Created On: 08/26/2020 03:39 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 SpeechWare FlexyMike vs Plantronics Blackwire 435   - andrewpinney@gmail.com - 08/26/2020 03:39 PM  
 SpeechWare FlexyMike vs Plantronics Blackwire 435   - Lunis Orcutt - 09/23/2020 12:52 PM  
Keyword
 08/26/2020 03:39 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
andrewpinney@gm..

Unfortunately, my SpeechWare FlexyMike DEC just failed.  I think it's because when I transport it I squash it into a box that is too small for it and it bends the flexible mic boom beyond a tolerable angle.  Lesson learnt, use a carrying case big enough not to have to ask the FlexyMike to do some extreme yoga position to get into it!  Embarrassingly this is the second time the same problem has arisen, but I didn't isolate the cause until now. 

And SpeechWare is sending me a replacement despite being out of warranty, again for the second time.  Thanks a bunch, guys.  

So while I wait for the replacement, I had to haul out my old Plantronics headphones, and the one of choice is the Plantronics Blackwire 435.  Still works!  And while it's far from terrible, I had to do a significantly greater number of corrections with this Plantronics mic than the FlexyMike.  Just writing this post was enormously more time-consuming with the Plantronics then I would have expected with the FlexyMike.  

Apart from the accuracy of the dictation, the Blackwire has a speaker that is rather intrusive into the ear canal.  And now I've got so used to using my Bluetooth AfterShokz bone-conducting headset outside of the ear that I'm looking forward to not having a sore ear at the end of a days dictation once my replacement FlexyMike arrives!

-------------------------

Andrew Pinney andrewpinney@gmail.com
Email dictated, mis-recognitions possible

09/23/2020 12:52 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

The Plantronics Blackwire microphone should produce reasonable accuracy but the microphone element itself is small so you will likely experience, substandard noise filtering, lower accuracy and less comfort. The SpeechWare FlexyMike DEC (dual ear cardioid headset) microphone's 1st focus was comfort and then noise filtering and accuracy. That's why the DEC doesn't include speakers. It also features a much larger microphone element, which is never a bad idea.

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

Statistics
31793 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 662 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 663 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.