KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Anyone else having this issue?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/25/2020 07:01 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Anyone else having this issue?   - lifeisgood - 08/25/2020 07:01 PM  
 Anyone else having this issue?   - Lunis Orcutt - 08/25/2020 10:03 PM  
 Anyone else having this issue?   - lifeisgood - 09/28/2020 12:23 PM  
Keyword
 08/25/2020 07:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
lifeisgood
Top-Tier Member

I have been having this problem for a while now; therefore, I decided to create a brand new profile, just in case. Creating a brand-new profile did not resolve the issue.

None of the “select” commands work. For example “select next character”; “select forward character”; “select next word”; “select line”; “select paragraph”; etc., does not work. It does not matter if I press the control key.

If I say “select a particular word” it does select the particular word dictated. However if I say “select next word” it does not select the word.

I never had this problem before and honestly, I have no idea what happened. If I say “select punctuation” it does work with all punctuations. Weird.

Also I have scripts such as “italics on” this one works, however, “italics off” does not work. And that goes for all the other formatting scripts. It does not matter if I use KB together with DPI 15 or if I use DPI 15 alone.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

08/25/2020 10:03 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

We assume you have rebooted and know that Select-&-Say commands like select <period> and select <dictation> require a Dragon friendly environment, like Microsoft Word, DragonPad, WordPad and Notepad. However, not being able use a non-Dragon friendly or Dragon friendly environment command like say select next <2> words or select previous character should work everywhere. We have never experienced a failure in these types of commands but since you've already tried a new user profile, the only 2 options we can think of, would be to uninstall/reinstall Dragon or look for a possible nonmainstream possible culprit utility. 

On the upside, we rarely use these types of commands. If you work in a Select-&-Say friendly environment, you can go with select <brown fox> to change “brown fox” to “yellow dog” in the sentence “The brown fox jumped over the fence.” If you need to select more words, you can optionally say 
select <brown through over>. This isn't an answer but perhaps it might suffice as a temporary workaround.

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

09/28/2020 12:23 PM

Author Icon
lifeisgood
Top-Tier Member

Thank you Lunis. Sorry for the late response. After much, much finagling I gave up and uninstalled and reinstalled Spanish DPI15. It kept on saying 'need elevation' and nothing in the Quick Tips worked. It is working fine now. Creating new profile did not work. So, I had no other alternative but start from zero (reinstall) because nothing I know worked. Technology for you.
Statistics
31793 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 595 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 595 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.