KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: 13 Premium to 15 Individual Pro upgrade not working
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/31/2020 05:54 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 13 Premium to 15 Individual Pro upgrade not working   - Nicholas Mirro - 05/31/2020 05:54 PM  
 13 Premium to 15 Individual Pro upgrade not working   - Lunis Orcutt - 05/31/2020 07:48 PM  
 13 Premium to 15 Individual Pro upgrade not working   - Nicholas Mirro - 05/31/2020 08:33 PM  
 13 Premium to 15 Individual Pro upgrade not working   - Zig - 06/01/2020 02:15 PM  
 13 Premium to 15 Individual Pro upgrade not working   - monkey8 - 06/01/2020 02:26 PM  
 13 Premium to 15 Individual Pro upgrade not working   - Nicholas Mirro - 06/17/2020 03:58 PM  
 13 Premium to 15 Individual Pro upgrade not working   - Lunis Orcutt - 06/17/2020 11:34 PM  
Keyword
 05/31/2020 05:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Nicholas Mirro

I have 13 premium on a windows 10 machine.  I bought and downloaded the upgrade for 150 but it says no qualifying product on machine.  I entered serials from 13 and 15, both 2 characters too long for the serial number fields.  I get the upgrade link when starting 13 and it takes me to the same file download on Nuance.

Dragon 15 sees the 13 installation since it requests to stop the engine before continuing. What am I doing wrong?

05/31/2020 07:48 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Welcome (See Mission Statement)

Technically, there is no Premium 13 to DPI 15 upgrade; only Pro 13 to DPI 15 upgrade. However, Nuance doesn't even use upgrade serial numbers because they are fairly lazy about the procedure. If you purchased Dragon from Nuance (800) 654-1187, you will need to call them because no one else can help you with a serial number issue. All Dragon serial numbers appear as follows: K809A G00 XXXX XXXX XX.

If you made an even worse error of purchasing your software from Amazon, eBay etc then immediately demand a full refund which is Amazon guaranteed for 30 days. Nuance licensed and certified Dragon resellers are not permitted to sell Dragon anywhere but their own websites. If you purchased from a place like Amazon, you have purchased Dragon from resellers that reuse the same serial number several times and hope that you won't notice you don't have 5 activations. Because there is so much piracy on Amazon, Amazon charges resellers 15% on every sale so even if a Dragon reseller was legitimate, they would make absolutely nothing because the profit on Dragon is only 15% on SRP and even less on upgrades. In other words it's not possible for a legitimate Amazon reseller to make money on Dragon. Therefore it is not mostly pirated. It is ALL pirated.

If you purchased Dragon from Nuance, you have a legitimate copy but
it's almost as bad as purchasing from Amazon because Nuance support is pitiful and they are not going to point out the 3 dozen incorrect default settings. Dragon should only be purchased from resellers who specialize in nothing but Dragon and include an additional layer of technical support. Most professional resellers also include remote support, Quickstart's, training/installation manuals and various other perks. Legitimate sources are only a phone call or email away and would have taken care of you by now. You can run Dragon in trial mode 5 times so that should get you through the weekend but if you need help sooner, you'll find our contact information in our signature tag. We are Nuance certified.

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

05/31/2020 08:33 PM

Author Icon
Nicholas Mirro

Thank you for helping but, wow this is confusing.  The 13 premium (excluded from upgrade???) app has an upgrade offer in the updates notice for 150.  It links to Nuance.

I defintely bought the previous versions directely from Nuance.  You're saying don't buy from Nuance?  That is how I bought my last 3 licenses.  How would a user know that?

06/01/2020 02:15 PM

Author Icon
Zig
Top-Tier Member

This appears to be a legit offer from Nuance, who occasionally offers (offer, for our UK friends) the $150 price point. This price is not available to Lunis or other resellers, and is the ONLY time I'd recommend buying direct from Nuance. OTOH, you're still advised to shell out the $20 for Lunis's Installation Guide.

As far as your serial number issue goes, you'll have to contact Nuance. Good Luck.

Zig

06/01/2020 02:26 PM

Author Icon
monkey8
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: Nicholas Mirro Thank you for helping but, wow this is confusing.  The 13 premium (excluded from upgrade???) app has an upgrade offer in the updates notice for 150.  It links to Nuance.

I defintely bought the previous versions directely from Nuance.  You're saying don't buy from Nuance?  That is how I bought my last 3 licenses.  How would a user know that?

There is nothing much wrong with buying from Nuance and you can get some really good deals as mentioned by Zig, if you received a serial number beginning K809X then just uninstall premium and install DPI 15 directly with that serial number. If you received a serial number starting with a different number then you can contact us using the signature below and I can tell you what to do, no charge. We are in the UK but happy to help as a Nuance VAR wherever you may be as you have legitimately purchased from Nuance.

06/17/2020 03:58 PM

Author Icon
Nicholas Mirro

What (where) is "Lunis's Installation Guide." I am up and running with 15 but don't see impressive performance. Seems less buggy but slower than 13. I did disable saving dictation files. Does this guide have other tips that might help?

06/17/2020 11:34 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

The KnowBrainer Dragon Installation/Training Guide is complementary to our Dragon customers. It includes numerous information including pictorial details on avoiding 3 dozen Dragon sandtraps.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

Statistics
31594 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 3936 on 09/08/2015 at 11:44 AM.
There are currently 304 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 306 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.