KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: In new command dialog what is "recognized in states" option for?
Topic Summary: There are states available with the Advanced Scripting option
Created On: 05/28/2020 10:28 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 In new command dialog what is "recognized in states" option for?   - kkkwj - 05/28/2020 10:28 AM  
 In new command dialog what is "recognized in states" option for?   - PG LTU - 05/28/2020 10:44 AM  
 In new command dialog what is   - kkkwj - 05/29/2020 03:12 AM  
Keyword
 05/28/2020 10:28 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
kkkwj
Top-Tier Member

When I define a new Advanced Scripting command, there's an option for "States." I click it and it says, "Recognized in States" and "Add state" in the text box.

The Dragon manual says, "When you select either the Application-specific or Window-specific option, the Recognizable in States list appears. You can either select from the list or enter the name of a new state. A command with this option will be available in the state you specify within the window or application you specify."

Could someone explain what "in the state you specify within the window or application you specify" means? I don't see how I can specify or change a state in some application window. (Unless they mean maximized or minimized for states?)

-------------------------

Win10/x64, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 64GB RAM, Dragon 15.3, KB 2017, SpeechStart, Dragon Capture, Samson Meteor USB Desk Mic, Klim and JUKSTG earbuds with microphones, Office 365

05/28/2020 10:44 AM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

Take a look at the help and the Dragon sample commands. They include several examples where setting the state is utilized. Simply put, you can have different results depending on the state which you set (in application or window specific commands). Used mostly for filling out forms when the particular answer to one question may bring up different next questions, or at least, a different range of next responses.

Samples:
https://www.nuance.com/products/help/dragon/dragon-for-pc/scriptref/Content/mycommands/mycmds_2/structured_commands_samples.htm

General info:
https://www.nuance.com/products/help/dragon/dragon-for-pc/scriptref/Content/mycommands/mycmds_2/structured_commands_oview.htm

PG

Remember folks, my comments and this forum are for entertainment value only, please, no wagering or other reliance on the contents herein.  I permit no commercial use of my ideas (whether expressions or embodiments) without my written consent.

05/29/2020 03:12 AM

Author Icon
kkkwj
Top-Tier Member

Thank you, PG.

Wow! I've never seen scripts like that! They are whole programs, not just simple scripts. The bodies of the scripts smoothly integrate Word VBA code (e.g. ActiveDocument.*, AutoCorrect.*, Options.*, etc) interleaved with Dragon SendKeys code, without ever having to GetObject(,"Word.Application").

You've pointed me into a whole pile of things to learn, even though I thought I had read the documentation!

Win10/x64, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 64GB RAM, Dragon 15.3, KB 2017, SpeechStart, Dragon Capture, Samson Meteor USB Desk Mic, Klim and JUKSTG earbuds with microphones, Office 365

Statistics
31594 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 3936 on 09/08/2015 at 11:44 AM.
There are currently 303 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 305 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.