KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Dmpe 4.3 Error Message After Removal of DMPE 4?
Topic Summary: I received an error message when I attempted to installed Dempe 4.5
Created On: 03/26/2020 09:09 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Dmpe 4.3 Error Message After Removal of DMPE 4?   - joesradios - 03/26/2020 09:09 PM  
 Dmpe 4.3 Error Message After Removal of DMPE 4?   - Lunis Orcutt - 03/27/2020 11:37 AM  
 Dmpe 4.3 Error Message After Removal of DMPE 4?   - Mav - 04/03/2020 10:02 AM  
Keyword
 03/26/2020 09:09 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
joesradios

I have attached an error message that I received today, March 26, 2020.  Basically the installation failed to completely install DMPE  4.3.  However not to be deterred, I was able to remove all vestiges of DMPE 4 (Correct number?)  I then went on to a successful installation of DMPE 4.3.  The proof of course is in this message, that it has come from a new installation of DMPE 4.3.

I am not sure what caused this installation to fail.  Please note that when I attempted to first download the DMPE 4.3 file from the KB Pro site, the initial download failed.  Obviously the second 1 made it and that is why met today.  So far very impressed with the accuracy in the immediacy of the text as I dictate.  There is one issue that I encountered before I began this text and that was that I was unable to complete the  Accuracy Tuning.I would like to discuss at a later time, the novel way I was able to make DMPE 4.3 work.  I essentially had to copy my Profiles, to the place you indicated on your posting of 03/13/2020.

%UserProfile%\AppData\Loca\Nuance\NS15\Users\

once I completed this copy of the User Profiles, DMPE 4.3  worked successfully as witnessed by this particular message.

Let me know what you make of this particular upload of this attached file. Thanks a lot actuation

-------------------------

Joseph M. Gates

03/27/2020 11:37 AM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

1. You can usually prevent the Failed to Launch UI Automation Server error by disabling Windows UAC (User Account Control)

2. Successfully running Accuracy Tuning can help or damage of user profile. We prefer not to run it.

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

04/03/2020 10:02 AM

Author Icon
Mav

The UI Automation server basically are 2 executables that are started every time Dragon is being started: dgnuiasvr.exe and dgnuiasvr_x64.exe.

They are located in %COMMONPROGRAMFILES(x86)%\Nuance\NaturallySpeaking15 and have to carry a valid digital signature to work.

You can check this from Explorer by opening the file properties and looking at the "digital signatures" tab. The embedded certificate should be signed by Symantec (at least in my German DMPE 4.2, ymmv).

We once had a case where the root certificate was not available and thus the certificate could not be validated. This led to the infamous "UI Automation Server could not be started" message.

hth,

Mav

Statistics
31556 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 3936 on 09/08/2015 at 11:44 AM.
There are currently 337 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 338 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.