KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: since new install, new machine, on waking Dragon lags 30 seconds or so
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/26/2020 11:09 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 03/26/2020 11:09 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
crashhot

hi there,

Anybody got a solution for my problem? Upon installing my my copy of Dragon to my new computer I am experiencing a weird problem where I get usual expected excellent operation for most of the day but when coming back after machine has been idle for a while, Dragon will wake up the microphone but then won't perform whatever I say (typing or action) for about 30 seconds afterwards and then, lags periodically after that after sleep/wake cycle of microphone.

Any ideas?

Thanks

03/26/2020 12:17 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Leaving the Dragon microphone in the Asleep state would explain your 30 second delay. NEVER leave the Dragon microphone in the Asleep state for more than a short period of time. When you leave Dragon in the Asleep state, it is still listening and processing sounds. Dragon is waiting for a wakeup command. Environmental noise can overflow the Dragon buffer, unless you change the Data/Options Disk space reserved for playback to 0 Mb. Note that we are not certain about that last bit but this is how we deal with Dragon. 

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

03/26/2020 12:33 PM

Author Icon
crashhot

thank you for that, I do have to have it this way afraid for physical reasons, I have a disability that means that I rely on this software so turning it off permanently until clicked is a bit self-defeating for me.

On the buffer issue, yes, I already have it set to that but thank you for the suggestion

as far as environmental sounds, this is in a relatively quiet office environment so whilst there will be a little bit of background hum, this is mostly not relevant.

03/26/2020 02:31 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Did you know that SpeechStart+ was designed by monkey8; one of this forum's contributors, for those with physical disabilities. It includes a number feature that will number everything on your applications and Windows. You can forget about Dragon's MouseGrid. It also includes the ability to turn on the Dragon microphone when it is completely turned off. This is because DragonCapture uses a different speech engine for this command. You won't have to put Dragon in the Asleep state again. And… If Dragon freezes, you can use SpeechStart+ to re-launch Dragon and KnowBrainer. The reason why we say KnowBrainer is because if you check your email, you'll find a complimentary no strings attached download of KnowBrainer 2017. You will find a 15 day trial of SpeechStart+ in our signature tag's Trial Downloads link.

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

Statistics
31556 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 3936 on 09/08/2015 at 11:44 AM.
There are currently 347 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 347 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.