KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Please say that again pops up when microphone is asleep
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/20/2019 10:09 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Please say that again pops up when microphone is asleep   - jswesq - 06/20/2019 10:09 AM  
 Please say that again pops up when microphone is asleep   - R. Wilke - 06/20/2019 10:51 AM  
 Please say that again pops up when microphone is asleep   - jswesq - 06/20/2019 11:06 AM  
Keyword
 06/20/2019 10:09 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jswesq

I have the legal version of Dragon 15.40.200.037. I often put my microphone sleep mode, as I prefer to manually type certain legal words and phrases, including case names, and correcting certain errors, or because I am not using the microphone at the time. Notwithstanding that my microphone is asleep, I keep getting the "Please say that again" message, invariably right in front of my cursor, so I can't see what I'm doing. While I can close the box, it is really annoying. I have unchecked the "alert when audio quality is low" box, I continually get this pop up anyway. Is there any way to turn this off? 

PS: I do not use the "wake-up" or "go to sleep" commands, as I use hot keys for that. If the microphone, when it's asleep, is listening for the "wake-up" command, and that is the cause of the "please say that again" pop up box, is there way to turn it off?

06/20/2019 10:51 AM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

I do not use the "wake-up" or "go to sleep" commands, as I use hot keys for that. If the microphone, when it's asleep, is listening for the "wake-up" command, and that is the cause of the "please say that again" pop up box, is there way to turn it off?

This is what it's all about. Even in sleep mode, Dragon is listening continuously as it needs to heed out for the wake-up command.

The wake-up command has been designed for hands-free use primarily.

If you already use the keyboard to switch sleep mode on and off, you might as well turn the microphone on and off altogether via a key press, thus avoiding not just the "Please say that again" message, but many other related issues potentially arising from Dragon listening for when it isn't meant to be.

To turn the microphone off and on (making the microphone icon turn from green to red and vice versa), use the numeric plus key, which is the default for this.

-------------------------

No need to buy if all you want to do is try ...

DragonCapture (30 Day Trial)
DragonCapture Manual

06/20/2019 11:06 AM

Author Icon
jswesq

I overthought the solution. Problem solved. Thank you!
Statistics
31594 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 3936 on 09/08/2015 at 11:44 AM.
There are currently 460 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 460 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.