Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Skype for Business - Dragon 15.3   - Steve56 - 06/19/2019 11:54 AM  
 Skype for Business - Dragon 15.3   - Lunis Orcutt - 06/19/2019 12:34 PM  
Keyword
 06/19/2019 11:54 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Steve56

I've been using Dragon 15.3 and Skype for Business for several months now with no problem. For some reason, yesterday, when I tried to use Dragon for a Skype message to another person, only the first letter of the first word in the sentence showed up in the Skype message screen and both Skype and Dragon locked up. I can't type in a Skype message, and I can't turn off the Dragon microphone. After a while, things unlock, but if I try Dragon again it just locks up again. I tried closing and reopening Dragon, I've tried closing and reopening Microsoft Outlook and Skype, and several different combinations of both. Nothing is working, and I can't find anything in your forums about this. There's been no recent Windows or Microsoft upgrades (not in the last few weeks) that would cause this. Anybody have any ideas or thoughts?

06/19/2019 12:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Skype is not speech recognition friendly and has been known to freeze Dragon, in this manner. When you attempt to dictate into non-Dragon friendly applications, if you're lucky, you will be able to appreciate Natural Text dictation which frequently deploys in odd behavior such as unwanted spacing non-capitalization etc. The ability to dictate into Skype is a potshot. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. If you wish to directly dictate into Skype, you will need DragonCapture (Smart Natural Text Dictation) and we recommend KnowBrainer 2017 for lots of other functionality, such as correcting Skype dictation. This is just 1 of many reasons why these utilities were created.

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

Statistics
31594 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 3936 on 09/08/2015 at 11:44 AM.
There are currently 440 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 440 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.