Topic Summary: Dragon limitations
Created On: 06/16/2019 02:17 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 06/16/2019 02:17 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

rvsw
Top-Tier Member

I have a web application where there is a drop down at different places in the page. The drop-down is not clickable either by Dragon NaturallySpeaking or by even plugins like Vimuim https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/vimium/dbepggeogbaibhgnhhndojpepiihcmeb?hl=en which put a little against every control are unable to identify it.

I wonder what is the reason for it and if it can be fixed (using tools like Knowbrainer for example). Even if these controls are not a part of HTML and are actually rendered by execution of code like embededed JavaScript, I'm guessing they should still be accessible  to Dragon NaturallySpeaking or any browser plugin because as far as I understand, these tools will actually ask the browser DOM to provide a list of controls and their types to them so whether the controls are through code or within static HTML , it should not matter as far as DNS is concerned.

There was a similar problem of controls that are visible only after mouse hover which there has been no resolution for and with the web applications increasingly becoming richer, these kinds of issues will only increase. so I'm hoping that we can at least find some workarounds if not an elegant solution

Thank you for any inputs

-------------------------

Using Dragon NaturallySpeaking premium version 13 with knowbrainer 2017 on Windows 7 machine with Microsoft Office version 2010

06/16/2019 04:28 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

If your web application will work from within Chromium Edge or Google Chrome, these commands are already in KnowBrainer 2017 (latest command download). For the moment, you will also need MDL's Click by Voice extension. For example you can say Drop <3   7> or if you know what's under the drop menu that you want, say Drop <3   7> <dictation>. Your other option will be to wait for KnowBrainer 2020 which will be able to do this in any application or browser. We have already written the commands and just waiting for the new technology to catch up to us

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

Statistics
31594 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 3936 on 09/08/2015 at 11:44 AM.
There are currently 289 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 289 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.