KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: wireless headset mic for DNS
Topic Summary: need a wireless headband mono strictly for use with DNS, no telephony
Created On: 05/31/2019 03:21 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 wireless headset mic for DNS   - DAPLAW - 05/31/2019 03:21 PM  
 wireless headset mic for DNS   - Lunis Orcutt - 05/31/2019 08:27 PM  
 wireless headset mic for DNS   - DAPLAW - 06/04/2019 11:33 AM  
 wireless headset mic for DNS   - DAPLAW - 06/04/2019 11:39 AM  
 wireless headset mic for DNS   - Spoudason - 06/04/2019 12:25 PM  
 wireless headset mic for DNS   - Lunis Orcutt - 06/05/2019 12:54 PM  
 wireless headset mic for DNS   - DAPLAW - 06/04/2019 08:00 PM  
 wireless headset mic for DNS   - Spoudason - 06/04/2019 08:17 PM  
 wireless headset mic for DNS   - android94301 - 06/06/2019 12:28 AM  
 wireless headset mic for DNS   - esjesjesj - 06/11/2019 12:34 PM  
 wireless headset mic for DNS   - despues18 - 06/14/2019 04:02 PM  
 wireless headset mic for DNS   - Lunis Orcutt - 06/14/2019 04:26 PM  
 wireless headset mic for DNS   - Lunis Orcutt - 06/16/2019 04:33 PM  
 wireless headset mic for DNS   - Tiger Feet - 06/16/2019 02:47 PM  
Keyword
 05/31/2019 03:21 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

DAPLAW

Still using my old Plantronics CS-55 wireless microphone with exterior Buddy USB soundcard but it has started the trick where it will not turn on right away.  I pick it out of the cradle and start dictating and about five seconds later after I already have a sentence or two dictated it starts putting the word on the document missing my first few seconds.  Seems time to replace.  I need a wireless headband mono strictly for use with DNS, no telephony.  On the Knowbrainer microphone page, it seems only thing that meet my requirements is the Sennheiser MB Pro 1 UC.  Would that be a good one for me?  Or am I missing something?  I thought there used to be more options, including some by Plantronics and Jabra.

05/31/2019 08:27 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Your Plantronics CS55 microphone doesn't use an external USB soundcard so your Buddy USB adapter is not part of the equation. The CS55 includes a built-in USB soundcard that utilizes the 1.9 GHz band. We suspect that it's time to replace your CS55 which was discontinued more than a decade ago. You can test our theory by dictating a short phrase into DragonPad followed by saying play that back. We suspect you will hear interference. We recommend checking out the Sennheiser MB Pro1 UC or the new SpeechOne Wireless Headset Microphone, which kicks it up a notch.

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

06/04/2019 11:33 AM

DAPLAW

I did the Dragon Pad and playback and that was fine. I know the CS 55 is old but I am fine with the accuracy and I am of the school of if it aint broke, don't fix it. I will have a look at one of those other microphones. Thanks Lunis.
 06/04/2019 11:39 AM

DAPLAW

MB Pro 1 UC looks good. For what would I need the optional USB extention cable and AC adapter?
 06/04/2019 12:25 PM

Author Icon
Spoudason
Top-Tier Member

I just got the Sennheiser MB Pro 1 UC Bluetooth Microphone/Headset a little over a month ago. It is absolutely fabulous in every way possible. It is extremely accurate, very fast and it fits my head perfectly. The sound is excellent, also.

It comes with a USB cable, a stand which is required for recharging, and a dongle which is extremely easy to get to work.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. For the price and accuracy, I don't think you can do better.

Enjoy!

George

06/05/2019 12:54 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

We offer the AC charger as an optional add-on. It is not required but the reason we include this add-on option (unlike other resellers) is because the AC USB charger is not included. We don't like the idea of having to dedicate 2 USB ports for one microphone (one to charge and one for the Bluetooth dongle). That's why we added this item is an optional add-on list. Unfortuunately, many customers don't notice the optional add-ons.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

06/04/2019 08:00 PM

DAPLAW

Thanks George. If it comes with everything, what is the optional USB extention cable and AC adapter for?
DAP
 06/04/2019 08:17 PM

Author Icon
Spoudason
Top-Tier Member

Hi again. The only thing I know is that it comes with a USB cable attached stand for recharging, and a USB dongle for the Bluetooth connection.

I know nothing about the "optional USB extension cable and AC adapter."

I hope this helps.

George
 06/06/2019 12:28 AM

Author Icon
android94301
Power Member

Hi,

I use a Logitech HS 800 wireless headphone with microphone and it actually works exceedingly well. The trick with it is to use the proprietary dongle rather than the Bluetooth option. The Bluetooth option tends to be garbled, whereas the dongle is very clear. There is also another tricky business and that the dongle is quite sensitive about where it's plugged, and is also fairly fragile so that it can develop some issues. They are easily fixed by checking Youtube.

Cost is about $60 on Walmart.com and about 67 on Amazon. It's rechargeable and takes a micro USB charging cord. I walk around up to about 15 feet away and the dictation is clear. But much of the time I just use a fixed USB SAMSon microphone since it doesn't require being turned on and off as it's plugged into my main computer all the time. That allows me to do quick tasks more efficiently but for extended dictation I use the wireless headphone.
 06/11/2019 12:34 PM

Author Icon
esjesjesj

Lately I've been playing around with the mpow hc3. Inexpensive, uses Bluetooth, works well as a phone and speech recognition headset. I discovered something interesting this morning. I accidentally paired to both my phone and my computer. I was dictating this morning; the phone rang and I heard the alert message in my ear on the headset. I turned off the microphone on NaturallySpeaking and answered the call. Worked seamlessly.

Not bad for an inexpensive headset. So now I have two of these headsets. One of the car and one by the computer. These are cheap enough and so easily available that you don't care if they get broken.
 06/14/2019 04:02 PM

Author Icon
despues18
Power Member

so do you guys not recommend the Sennheiser PRESENCE UC Bluetooth Headset... What's important to me is comfort as I already have this very bulky headset that is usually used for gaming work pretty well (Logitech G933). I want something I can wear and forget that it's there and also not have to yell all the time just to be heard ( especially if I'm across the room and my WebCam can't really hear me)

also I love this forum and this company, you guys rock
 06/14/2019 04:26 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

While the Sennheiser Presence UC is very small and inconspicuous, there are a few cons. We found the Presence to be somewhat uncomfortable (over length of time) and a bit less accurate because of the smaller microphone element which is about 6 inches away from your mouth. Microphones like the Sennheiser MB Pro1 UC are more more accurate, more noise filtering and feature a notably larger microphone element. We originally were impressed with the Presence but we're not having an easy time offering microphones that are not as good as we would prefer. We are considering dropping the Presence line but have not yet decided. We use the Sennheiser MB Pro2 when we are mobile.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

06/16/2019 04:33 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Before you purchase anything, check out the new Philips SpeechOne which is king of the hill and the same price everywhere. We noted that you were asking about comfort. This microphone includes 2 very small pads that lift the speaker and the headband off from your head. The only thing that touches your head are too small pads, which make it more comfortable than any headset. Even the speaker is off your ear. It's also the most accurate headset microphone we have ever tested but there is one notable negative; it's also very expensive.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

06/16/2019 02:47 PM

Author Icon
Tiger Feet
Top-Tier Member

DAPLAW,

if you are like me, I cannot stand any headset worn around my head or neck. In this regard, I have always gone for a wireless microphone that will fit over my ear. On my desktop computer, I use a Sennheiser D10-USB Wireless Microphone that you can wear in either position. I am a quadriplegic so for me, once it is placed over my ear, I forget it's there because it is so light and comfortable. It is extremely accurate and suits my needs. I don't know if Lunis sells this model but here are some links about it including a video.

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-USB-Single-Sided-Connection-Cancelling/dp/B00PZXWBSQ/ref=dp_ob_title_ce?th=1  

https://en-hk.sennheiser.com/d10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPnr3Pou8LM  

However, on my laptop computer, I am also of DAPLAW'S persuasion as, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it.'

On my laptop computer, I am still using the Plantronics CS60 USB wireless microphone. It has worked perfectly since I purchased my first one in 2011. Plantronics do not make this particular model anymore but they go for about £30 + postage here on the other side of the pond on the UK Internet. Granted they are refurbished and I work in a relatively quiet environment but if they are looked after, they last for ages. I am still only on my second set since 2011. They are so cheap that I bought a third set just in case the second set packs up. There is no sign of that at present and it is still going strong today.

When charged up at night, they last all day. Even the Plantronics successor to this mic is quite reasonably priced but I haven't bothered with that, I haven't needed to.

Just another perspective from me.

Cheers

Tiger Feet

| DPI 15.3 | KnowBrainer 2017 | Windows  10 Professional /64 Bit | Intel Core i7 Quad Core 3840QM (2.80GHz) 8MB | 16GB RAM. | 240GB Intel 520 Series SSD Boot Drive | 750GB 7200 rpm Secondary Drive  | Sennheiser D10-USB Wireless. |

Statistics
31594 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 3936 on 09/08/2015 at 11:44 AM.
There are currently 303 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 305 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.