KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND, 126
Topic Summary: Has Dragon done a doodie?
Created On: 09/10/2013 01:38 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND, 126   - MikeJ - 09/10/2013 01:38 PM  
 ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND, 126   - MikeJ - 09/10/2013 05:16 PM  
 ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND, 126   - Ric - 09/12/2013 05:02 PM  
 ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND, 126   - Lunis Orcutt - 09/13/2013 01:04 PM  
 ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND, 126   - Chucker - 09/12/2013 08:31 PM  
 ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND, 126   - rjoss - 10/07/2013 02:33 AM  
 ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND, 126   - Stephan Kuepper - 10/07/2013 03:08 AM  
 ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND, 126   - rjoss - 10/07/2013 03:10 AM  
 ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND, 126   - Stephan Kuepper - 10/07/2013 03:48 AM  
 ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND, 126   - rjoss - 10/07/2013 03:50 AM  
 ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND, 126   - rjoss - 10/15/2013 12:02 PM  
 ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND, 126   - Lunis Orcutt - 10/15/2013 07:30 PM  
 ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND, 126   - MikeJ - 10/15/2013 01:25 PM  
 ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND, 126   - rjoss - 10/15/2013 01:31 PM  
 ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND, 126   - rjoss - 10/16/2013 02:29 AM  
 ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND, 126   - rjoss - 10/16/2013 01:34 PM  
 ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND, 126   - Lunis Orcutt - 10/16/2013 08:04 PM  
Keyword
 09/10/2013 01:38 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

MikeJ
Top-Tier Member

I started my computer up this morning which has Dragon automatically starting in the startup folder and found this error message on my desktop:

COM returned an unexpected error code. The specified module could not be found:

ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND, 126

I am able to dictate perfectly (this post is proof) but whenever I try to start a command or open the command browser I receive a further error message:

Either no user is loaded or the MyCommands support is not available.

Is this just a matter of re-creating a profile or do I need to uninstall and reinstall Dragon entirely? Anyone seen this before?

Dragon log attached…

dragonlog.txt
dragonlog.txt  (15 KB)

09/10/2013 05:16 PM

MikeJ
Top-Tier Member

UPDATE: I tried creating a new profile and got the same error message. I next tried doing a repair on Dragon with the CD and the same error message. I then reapplied the 12.5 update and the error message seems to have disappeared. Not sure if that will help anyone in the future or not.

I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later that I would have some hiccup because I have been running on this version of Dragon for a year now with the same profile! So it was probably time to recycle to a new one anyway. :-)

09/12/2013 05:02 PM

Author Icon
Ric
Power Member

having the exact same error message. will try the 12.5 reapply. UPDATE: I see no way to uninstall the 12.5 service pack, nor does it seem to be anywhere online for download.  And I can't get it through "check for updates" because 12.5 is already installed, so it finds nothing to install.  Please tell me there's a way to do this without a complete v12 uninstall ... right?  Advice?  thanks.  ;8^)

-------------------------

Ric Moxley

rmox@writeworksagency.com  |   http://mogblogger.wordpress.com/   |   Memorable Voice recognition Errors Blog

09/13/2013 01:04 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

No worries. Just check the email address you used to join this forum where you'll find download information on the 12.5 patch.

Click KB 2012 REV D to Download a 30 Day Evaluation of KnowBrainer 2012
Click SpeechStart+ to Download a 15 Day Evaluation of SpeechStart+

09/12/2013 08:31 PM

Author Icon
Chucker
Top-Tier Member

Ric,

Unfortunately, there is no way to get access to the 12.5 service pack if you have already installed it. You would have to go back to 12.0 in order to get the update from the "Check for Updates" from the DragonBar help menu. Equally unfortunately, Nuance frowns upon anyone providing a user with a link to the DNS12ServicePack1.exe.

Additionally, just a word to the wise. Whenever you have a version of Dragon for which there is an updated service pack release, always download it and save it in a secure location. If you don't, you're only asking for trouble, such as where you are right now. In addition, whenever you apply a service pack release, always save your current user profile and exit Dragon before applying the patch. Applying the service pack release over top of your currently active Dragon install is asking again for trouble.

Chuck

"What you are aware of you are in control of; what you are not aware of is in control of you." - Anthony de Mello

10/07/2013 02:33 AM

Author Icon
rjoss

Hi folks - just bought and install DNS 12.5.000 Home Edition. Works just fine as far as I can see. However, I get this same error message every time I start it up. Had a look at "Check Updates" but it just reports all up to date. Would it tell me if there is a service patch to download or do I just accept that it is already installed? Doesn't show on the splash screen when you check the version.

Cheers

Richard
 10/07/2013 03:08 AM

Author Icon
Stephan Kuepper
Top-Tier Member

Richard,

there is no current service pack for your edition. You've got the latest one.

Stephan

www.immer-eine-Nuance-besser.de

10/07/2013 03:10 AM

Author Icon
rjoss

Originally posted by: Stephan Kuepper Richard, there is no current service pack for your edition. You've got the latest one. Stephan

Thanks for such a prompt reply.  Does this mean that I just ignore the error message – at the moment it is not interfering with the use the software?

10/07/2013 03:48 AM

Author Icon
Stephan Kuepper
Top-Tier Member

If it doesn't interfere with Dragon, just ignore it. As you can see, it isn't something that can be fixed by applying the Service Pack, anyway. I had the message before, and usually it just went away after a reboot, so I can't really remember what lies behind it. I guess it has to do with Dragon not being able to access certain, or all, commands. I'd also guess that it's related to some file being locked, possibly the mycmds.dat. However, with the scant information available, I wouldn't venture more than an educated guess, so don't go poking around making things worse ;-)

Stephan

www.immer-eine-Nuance-besser.de

10/07/2013 03:50 AM

Author Icon
rjoss

Point taken about poking around. Thanks for all your help. I will just ignore it unless I start to lose functionality
 10/15/2013 12:02 PM

Author Icon
rjoss

UPDATE DNS NOW HAS ERRORS IN DICTATION

Installed DNS 12.5.000.075 on Win 7 laptop with MS Office Home Premium etc. Since very early on, it throws this error every time when starting up:

"Com returned an unexpected error code.  Details are:  The specified module could not be found.(ERR_MOD_NOT_FOUND, 126). " 

To start with it did not appear to affect dictation at all so I left it. However, now I am starting to get all sorts of errors while dictating.  It will capitalise the first letter of random words in the middle of sentences - ones that I have never trained:

e.g. "I am closing this Slowly over time."

Also puts full stops at random in the middle of sentences:

"The current role is a development role. so I don't want to move until it is completed"

Also joins words together at random (i.e. leaves out spaces):

If we are going to travelthere we need to arrange it well aheadof time OK?

Started doing this yesterday and it is really infuriating.  I waste as much time going back to correct text as I would do if I just typed it myself.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted - should I make a new profile for example?  If I do, does this mean I lose all my custom spellings etc?

BTW - errors also occur when using Gmail and notepad etc - not just MS Office Suite

10/15/2013 07:30 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Welcome to the World's Most Popular Speech Recognition Forum

Did you, by any chance, change the default behavior to your Dragon Auto-Formatting options by adding a checkmark to Automatically add commas and periods? If so, remove this checkmark posthaste as the feature hasn't worked well since its introduction in Ver. 7.

When dictating into Microsoft Word, DragonPad or NotePad, do you see a green checkmark in the DragonBar (to the immediate right of the microphone meter). If you see a gray silhouette, you are dictating into a non-Full Text Control application which can produce the odd spacing issues you mentioned.

We suspect that you don't need to reinstall Dragon but you may need to create a new user profile if the previous recommendations don't work. Unfortunately, because you are using the Home Edition, you do not have the luxury of exporting your vocabulary. This is one of the primary reasons we do not offer the Home Edition on our website. We consider the Home Edition to be more of a speech recognition appetizer then a full-fledged speech recognition  utility. We don't recommend anything below NaturallySpeaking Premium 12.5 .

10/15/2013 01:25 PM

MikeJ
Top-Tier Member

Richard,

At this point I would probably do a reinstall of NaturallySpeaking. Don't forget to save any custom vocabulary (I'm assuming you can do this with the home version but I'm not sure), uninstall the software via the control panel making sure that you are online when you do so so that you save your activation, then use the version 12 remover tool and reboot before reinstalling.
 10/15/2013 01:31 PM

Author Icon
rjoss

Originally posted by: MikeJ Richard, At this point I would probably do a reinstall of NaturallySpeaking. Don't forget to save any custom vocabulary (I'm assuming you can do this with the home version but I'm not sure), uninstall the software via the control panel making sure that you are online when you do so so that you save your activation, then use the version 12 remover tool and reboot before reinstalling.

Thanks MikeJ - prompt and helpful as always.  I am away tomorrow so will give it a go on Thursday.

Cheers

10/16/2013 02:29 AM

Author Icon
rjoss

Lunis - thanks for the help re auto stops and commas.  I'll look into this later today.  Two questions:

1.  Can I upgrade from home to premium?

2.  If yes, will that allow me to save my vocabulary?

Cheers

Richard

10/16/2013 01:34 PM

Author Icon
rjoss

Well, can answer my own questions.  First, I had accidentally turned on the commas and periods option. What a stupid idea that is. Every time you pause for breath the silly program sticks commas or periods in between words mostly in the middle of a sentence.

Anyway I also looked up for options to upgrade from home 12.5 to premium 12, only to find that there appears to be no difference between upgrade and purchase prices!

I paid $74.99 for the home version. When I search for upgrade to premium it offers me premium 12 for $149 .99 which is the same price for buying premium 12 outright.  They have got to be joking.

I'll stick with the home version for the moment and see if turning off the commas and periods option stops the mess it was making with my text. Don't see why it should stop capitalising words in the middle of sentences – words which have never been saved with capitals. Let's see what happens.

Thanks for great support guys – hope I won't have to come back here again!

10/16/2013 08:04 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: rjoss Lunis - thanks for the help re auto stops and commas.  I'll look into this later today.  Two questions:

1.  Can I upgrade from home to premium?

2.  If yes, will that allow me to save my vocabulary?

Cheers

Richard

We answered this question in our last response. You cannot legally upgrade to Premium even if someone offers you the option because there is no longer an upgrade path due to the fact that the Premium upgrade is now a smart upgrade. Of course, as you've noticed, the cost for a full copy of Premium and the upgrade are typically about the same. As far as saving your current vocabulary is concerned, that's one of the disadvantages of using the Home Edition. You do not have that option. In fact, the more work you put into the Home Edition the more it will cost you in the end because when you eventually upgrade to the next version of NaturallySpeaking, you won't be able to take any of your previous work with you. The Home Edition will not allow you to create commands or transcribe digital recordings either. We consider the Home Edition to be more of a speech recognition appetizer and because of these limitations, we refuse to offer it on our website.

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » NaturallySpeaking Speech Recognition » ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND, 126

Statistics
28449 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 2028 on 04/05/2013 at 07:36 PM.
There are currently 69 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 72 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.