Dragon--Visual basic/C sharp   - Lunis Orcutt - 02/13/2013 07:17 PM  
 Dragon--Visual basic/C sharp   - monkey8 - 02/15/2013 04:12 PM  
Keyword
 02/13/2013 05:33 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
sage4224

Hello out there...

A friend of mine became a quadriplegic about a year ago. He was a programmer.  His name is Jimmy.  I am trying to find someone who knows how to use dragon to program in visual basic and C sharp so that we can help him can get back to work and feeling productive again.  Any Suggestions are very much appreciated.  Thank you.

02/13/2013 07:17 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Welcome to the World's Most Popular Speech Recognition Forum

That may be a tall order because it will likely require creating advanced scripting macros to automate coding but we can get you started. If you contact us off-line, with evidence of your friends disability at support@KnowBrainer.com, we will donate a copy of our KnowBrainer 2012 (hyperlinked in our signature tag) command utility which includes VerbalBasic (patented verbal toolbox) which you can utilize to automate Visual Basic and C# coding. Note that you will still need a copy of NaturallySpeaking in order to use KnowBrainer 2012.

-------------------------
Lunis Orcutt (615) 884-4558 x2
Live Chat
KnowBrainer Videos
What Is KnowBrainer Professional 2017 (PDF)
KnowBrainer 2017 (30 Day Trial)
SpeechStart+ (15 Day Trial)

02/15/2013 04:12 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
monkey8
Top-Tier Member

I do most of my programming these days in C# and it is all done hands-free with Dragon with some added voice commands (scripts) for automation purposes.

?

Basically using Visual Studio and even DNS Premium you can quite happily program completely hands-free in either C# or Visual Basic .net simply by using the already available tools that come with the Premium version. However using a Professional version of Dragon are third-party scripting engine like KnowBrainer allows you to add scripting which allows you to automate lots of tasks so a simple voice commands can accomplish much typing. If I give a simple example in C# (and your programmer friend will understand this), I have a voice command "Try Catch it". What this will do is automatically enclose whatever lines of code I have selected in the visual studio editor in an exception handling loop with all the necessary syntax and also automatically insert the code that deals with caught exceptions (log in an error log file as an example). So not only can you do it hands-free but for many things it is actually much quicker.

If you add this to a feature of visual studio called IntelliSense, again your friend will know what this is, which completes various programming terms for you (e.g. method names, properties, keywords etc) it makes all very doable and you can certainly still have a career doing this.

My advice would simply be to learn how to use DNS first and it will then become obvious how to proceed. The scripting languages used with either a Professional version or KnowBrainer are variations on basic and somewhat similar to VBScript. There are other scripting options available if you look at the NatLink scripting packages like Vocola and Dragonfly where Python and and other languages are used (again use Google).

Incidentally the same would apply for visual C++ if using visual studio anyway and probably some other IDEs.

-------------------------

www.pcbyvoice.com
www.pcbyvoice.co.uk

Statistics
29964 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 3936 on 09/08/2015 at 11:44 AM.
There are currently 167 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 171 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.