KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Need you help & advise, DNS 10.1 vanishes from the screen yet again !!!
Topic Summary: Dragon Naturally Speaking 10.1 randomly started to vanish from my screen in less than 30 seconds
Created On: 03/16/2012 02:30 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 03/16/2012 02:30 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

FalknerJr

Howdy, 1st off awesome website & forum.

I had Dragon Naturally Speaking 10.0 working perfectly fine on my machine for at least 2 years.  Recently (with in the last two days) I started to dictate again and cannot keep the program open for more than 3-5 minutes, tops.  Currently DNS closes in under about 30 seconds to 1 minute. There is an audible beep consistent with the Windows chime for an error within an program.

I've tried lots of the suggestions from this forum with no avail.

Below is a link to the forum that describes my situation to the T.  However, the solution did not work for me.  Please see the attached Dragon Log file in .txt format.

-James 

-------------------------

Dragon Naturally Speaking Professional 10.1

Windows XP Professional XP 3

Intel Pentium 4, 3.00GHz 

03/16/2012 02:29 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Welcome to the World’s Most Popular Speech Recognition Forum

You could take the usual steps of uninstalling NaturallySpeaking, using DNS10.1 Remover to clean out the missing pieces and reinstall. You could also try creating a new user profile for test purposes but we suspect the real problem is your Pentium 4 being a little too old. It sounds like it might be time for a new quad core i7 computer with 8 Gb of RAM but if that's not in the budget, you could probably breathe new life into your own computer by reinstalling the operating system. If this procedure hasn't been done in the last couple of years, there's a good possibility that you have a corrupted operating system.

Click KB 2012 REV D to Download a 30 Day Evaluation of KnowBrainer 2012
Click SpeechStart+ to Download a 15 Day Evaluation of SpeechStart+

03/17/2012 01:17 AM

FalknerJr

Lunis, thank-you for the prompt response!

The new cpu is a fantastic idea & as you noted is out of the budget.  I agree the computer is old.  However, it had no issues prior to these events.  In fact, it ran like a well oiled machine.

I've tried to create a new user & the program crashes shortly after loading the new files. 

I originally used the DNS10remover after the windows uninstaller prior to installing DNS10.1 professional.  Do you think using DNS10.1remover will make any difference?

I'd rather not have to re-install the operating system.  However it looks like few options are left & it has been multiple years since this OS installation.

I just tried running DNS10.1 again & received this error message: The User 'No Speaker' is not found

Added this information in case it helps

Thank-you again, what are your thoughts? 

Dragon Naturally Speaking Professional 10.1

Windows XP Professional XP 3

Intel Pentium 4, 3.00GHz 

03/17/2012 07:55 AM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

This smells like a hardware problem, most likely related to the device being used being the issue, or not matching the options you have chosen. Is the Plantronics headset a USB device, and is it set up as the default recording device in Windows? Which type of audio source did you choose when creating the profile?

Rüdiger

03/18/2012 01:10 AM

FalknerJr

Statistics
28497 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 2028 on 04/05/2013 at 07:36 PM.
There are currently 95 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 97 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.