KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: My phillips mike and progamming the keys to open
Topic Summary: is there a way
Created On: 02/25/2012 10:55 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 My phillips mike and progamming the keys to open   - drfred123 - 02/25/2012 10:55 AM  
 My phillips mike and progamming the keys to open   - R. Wilke - 02/25/2012 12:47 PM  
 My phillips mike and progamming the keys to open   - Lunis Orcutt - 02/25/2012 01:35 PM  
 My phillips mike and progamming the keys to open   - edmart - 02/25/2012 03:26 PM  
 My phillips mike and progamming the keys to open   - Larry Allen - 02/25/2012 07:25 PM  
 My phillips mike and progamming the keys to open   - drfred123 - 02/25/2012 08:18 PM  
 My phillips mike and progamming the keys to open   - Larry Allen - 02/25/2012 08:42 PM  
 My phillips mike and progamming the keys to open   - drfred123 - 02/25/2012 09:56 PM  
 My phillips mike and progamming the keys to open   - Lunis Orcutt - 02/26/2012 12:24 PM  
 My phillips mike and progamming the keys to open   - R. Wilke - 02/26/2012 01:32 PM  
Keyword
 02/25/2012 10:55 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

drfred123
Advanced Member

I would like to program my phillips mike pro plus so that when I press a button the mike turns on and auto opens dictation box and then when I shut the mike of it will paste the info into the correct area and shut off mike. Can any of you gurus figure out how to do this? Pressing a button on the mike seems faster than a voice command

-------------------------
 02/25/2012 12:47 PM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

Yes, there is a way to do this, if you find someone to write a specific program covering those steps (actually two different programs), so the execution of the programs may be assigned to be called by the button events from the device. Other than that, you can always assign either a Dragon command (such as toggle microphone) or a hotkey (such as control shift d to open the dictation box by default) to any of the buttons, so you would end up having to press two buttons in a row instead of just one to accomplish this.

If I find the time to do this, I will write you the programs as described above, or maybe someone else will.

Rüdiger

02/25/2012 01:35 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Rüdiger's approach is intriguing but unfortunately this is 1 of the inherent limitations of all handheld microphones, with the exception of the Dictaphone PowerMic II. The SpeechMike application, is limited to a small handful of hotkey choices and even fewer integrated DNS commands, which you will find under the Hotkeys tab of your DNS options. HOWEVER, if you want to kick it up a couple of notches, the PowerMic II can literally perform any number of functions. The beauty of the PowerMic II (which unfortunately only works with Dragon Medical) is that you can type the name of any KnowBrainer, NaturallySpeaking or personal command into the button menu and you just programmed the button to perform a multistep macro.

Imagine programming a button to turn on the microphone, pull up the Dictation Box and another button to transfer your text to your EMR, tab to the next field and reopen the Dictation Box.

Click KB 2014 to take KnowBrainer 2014 on a 30 day test drive

Click SpeechStart+ to take SpeechStart+ on a 15 Day test drive

02/25/2012 03:26 PM

Author Icon
edmart
Top-Tier Member

Fred,

See the attached. Is what you want to achieve as simple as that? If so, there is your answer.

I have adopted Rüdiger's alternative, of using two buttons. Theoretically, I don't see why it should not work by having the first command operative whilst the button is pressed, and the second command operative when it is released (as you requested): but I tried that, and in actual fact it did not work.

I have not tried to work out WHY it didn't work - forgive me. I dare say that time and experimentation will give you the answer.

Best wishes,

Ed 

DNS 12.5 Pro, Windows 7 Professional, SP1, i7-2700K 3.50 Ghz Sandybridge, 16Gb DDR3 PC3-160000C9 2000Mhz dual channel RAM, SpeechMike 5276 and Samson Airline 77

02/25/2012 07:25 PM

Larry Allen
Top-Tier Member

My main question would be "which of the 3 dictation box variations are you using?"   There are variations of the dictation box including the hidden box, there is an option under administrative settings to anchor the dictation box to the application, and there is the "standard" dictation box.

This is easiest to do for the variation where the dictation box is anchored to the program.  The key press is set to the Ctrl+Shift+D hotkey to open the dictation box then to turn on the microphone.  The key release is set to turn off the microphone then Alt+t to transfer text.  Adding a tab to go to the next field is easily done if desired.

As a side note, while it takes two steps instead of one, when our DragKey program is used along with the Philips Device Control Center program, I don't know of anything associated with Dragon that the PowerMic II can do that the Philips SpeechMike's can't do.  Any Dragon command can be issued, and any Dragon utterance -- that is, words that are not commands -- can be issued with the press of a button. The same things can be done in other ways as suggested by Rüdiger.  In other words, I disagree with Lunis.  Or perhaps there is something that can be done with the PowerMic II that I'm not aware of that can't be done with the SpeechMike.

Larry Allen
Softnet Systems, Inc.
http://www.pcspeak.com

02/25/2012 08:18 PM

drfred123
Advanced Member

I checked and my box is set for anchored. So now what do I do? How can I get the dictation box when it opens to auto put the mike on?

02/25/2012 08:42 PM

Larry Allen
Top-Tier Member

You'll have to open your PDCC (Philips Device Control Center) and go to the Application Tab.

Then pick a key for this task.  Make changes to the definition of the control for the key by clicking on the "..." box first for the "Pressed" then for "Released"

The values you would need, for a default installation of Dragon Medical Practice Edition, are shown in the attached file.  If this process doesn't make sense, send me a message and a quick remote session can get this done in a few minutes.

PDCC-Box Rev 1.doc
PDCC-Box Rev 1.doc  (15 KB)

Larry Allen
Softnet Systems, Inc.
http://www.pcspeak.com

02/25/2012 09:56 PM

drfred123
Advanced Member

Thanks Larry! This will work great for me especially when many of the fields in my EHR are not Dragon compatible.

02/26/2012 12:24 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Larry, you are right. We hadn't considered the Press and Release option. While we still believe the PowerMic II is easier to program, you have come up with an excellent workaround and it would be a shame to spend $424 on a 2nd handheld microphone if you don't need it.

Click KB 2014 to take KnowBrainer 2014 on a 30 day test drive

Click SpeechStart+ to take SpeechStart+ on a 15 Day test drive

02/26/2012 01:32 PM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

Quote:
We hadn't considered the Press and Release option. While we still believe the PowerMic II is easier to program, you have come up with an excellent workaround

For me, that's the most crucial functionality about using the SpeechMike, the way the software comes preset, or can be adjusted to work. By pressing the record button, the mic is turned on, and by releasing it, it will be turned off immediately - well it is supposed to. This alone takes cares of a whole load of issues that you are confronted with when using devices being active while you don't really wouldn't want them, picking up unwanted noises and making Dragon run riot at worst.

Rüdiger

Statistics
28630 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 2028 on 04/05/2013 at 07:36 PM.
There are currently 89 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 89 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.