how to say last name and first name   - Tiger Feet - 02/24/2012 12:37 PM  
 how to say last name and first name   - Lunis Orcutt - 02/24/2012 01:48 PM  
 how to say last name and first name   - Lunis Orcutt - 02/24/2012 01:18 PM  
 how to say last name and first name   - Tiger Feet - 02/24/2012 02:17 PM  
Keyword
 02/23/2012 10:53 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

VN_DNS

I try to dictate : Isaac Newton, Dunedin, or Louisville, Kentucky    I am sure a lot of people went thru this already,

Q1: how do I train DNS?   written form ........... spoken form

Q2:  in this forum, the forum Search function,  only return items (sort by date) and the latest date is around October, 2011.  I have not see

any thing show up after October 2011.  Do I miss something about the forum Search function/button?

I am new and confused. 

-------------------------
2014 March DNSPro12.51 Knowbrainer 2012 win8 Home 64bit Dell I5 650 3.2GHz  8GB
 02/24/2012 02:59 AM

Author Icon
Tiger Feet
Top-Tier Member

Quote:
I try to dictate : Isaac Newton, Dunedin, or Louisville, Kentucky I am sure a lot of people went thru this already,

Q1: how do I train DNS? written form ........... spoken form

VN DNS,

first of all, you haven't got anything in your Member Profile in the forum.  It would be nice to know what version of Dragon you are using, microphone, computer specs etc.

You can say, "Open Vocabulary Editor."  Then you can add your written form/spoken form and train it from the '"Train" button there.

You can say, "Add Words," then you can add your written form/spoken form here.  If the "I want to train the pronunciation of this word or phrase" box is checked, then you can train your word or phrase.

There is also a useful thread here on the subject:

http://www.knowbrainer.com/PubForum/index.cfm?page=viewForumTopic&topicId=13060&listFull#14863B95-F92C-0A5B-EF96CA81452thread69297.

Quote:
Q2: in this forum, the forum Search function, only return items (sort by date) and the latest date is around October, 2011. I have not see any thing show up after October 2011. Do I miss something about the forum Search function/button?

I just pasted 'miscellaneous' into the 'Search' feature at the top of the KnowBrainer web page and there are posts on the subject that date back to 2007.

Depending on what you are searching for, the posts will only go as far back as the subject you have posted is relevant.

One other way you can use for making something like "Isaac Newton, Dunedin or Louisville, Kentucky" for instance, come up on screen all in one go if you like, is by making a text macro.  You can do this if you have DNS Premium or higher.

To do this:

Say, "Add New Command."  The MyCommands editor should come up with the Command Type window showing "Text and Graphics" automatically.  Leave it as "Global"

In the "MyCommand Name" window, you could put the name of the macro as something like "sign off" (without the quotes) as an example (or any other name you wish). 

Then in the content window (the big window) you can then put "Isaac Newton, Dunedin or Louisville" (without the quotes).  Make sure to check the 'Plain Text' box at the bottom.

Then you say, "Train" (and train the command name) and then "Save."

Now every time you say, "signoff," Isaac Newton, Dunedin or Louisville," will automatically be put on the screen.

This is just an example and you can put any wording in the content window with wording in alignment or under each other if you like.  When you say the command name, the wording will come out on screen exactly as you have formatted it in the content window of the text and graphics macro spelt perfectly each time. 

You could put your own name in the content window if you wanted and every time you said, "signoff,"your name wouldl come out on screen spelt perfectly each time.

Cheers

Tiger Feet

| DNS 12.5.1 Professional | KnowBrainer 2012 | Windows 7 Professional /64 Bit | Intel Core i7 Quad Core 3840QM (2.80GHz) 8MB | 16GB RAM. | 240GB Intel 520 Series SSD Boot Drive | 750GB 7200 rpm Secondary Drive  | Plantronics Wireless Handsfree Microphone CS60-USB. |

02/24/2012 11:12 AM

VN_DNS

I was not clear about my questions.

Q1. how do you dictate proper name, so DNS will automatically Capitalize the First and Last Name

ex: Rick Scott

How do we tell DNS: "Attention, the next two words are proper name and DNS should Capitalize two words, and only two words? 

Q2.  You wrote date back to 2007, I wrote after October 2011 (after October 2011, is Nov, Dec, 2011... most recent)

how do i search something in between October 2011, and February 2012?

DNS Premium 11.5, win 7, quad core, RAM: 8G, USB tableMike 3 in 1, Knowbrainer 2011.

I did update my profile and I hope that it will show up. hope

2014 March DNSPro12.51 Knowbrainer 2012 win8 Home 64bit Dell I5 650 3.2GHz  8GB
 02/24/2012 12:37 PM

Author Icon
Tiger Feet
Top-Tier Member

Quote:
Q1. how do you dictate proper name, so DNS will automatically Capitalize the First and Last Name ex: Rick Scott How do we tell DNS: "Attention, the next two words are proper name and DNS should Capitalize two words, and only two words?

VN DNS,

Rick Scott is perhaps not the best example because it is a recognised name and comes out captialised everytime I dictate it.

Let's say it's an unusual name.  Let's make one up.  I will make up a girls name called minnie caper so we want that to come up on screen captialised everytime.

To be a bit clearer as to what I said in my previous post, you can say, "Open Vocabulary Editor." 
On the left-hand window you will see 'written form.' 

In there, you would type or dictate Minnie Caper. 

On the right-hand side, you will see 'spoken form.' 

If the way you say it sounds different to the way you spell it, then you can put a word in here that sounds totally different to the written form name but it will still trigger Minnie Caper when you say it.  You could put 'Rickety Rick' if you like in the spoken form window and if you said it, it would bring up Minnie Caper in the written form on-screen.

Once you are satisfied with what you have put in the windows, then click 'Add' and train it.  Then you're done!  Now saying the name when in full flow dictation, it should come up the way you spelt it in the written form capitalised.

The other way you can do this as I said in my previous post, you can say, "Add Words," then you can add your written form/spoken form here exactly the same as I have explained above.  If the "I want to train the pronunciation of this word or phrase" box is checked, then you can train your word or phrase.

Quote:
Q2. You wrote date back to 2007, I wrote after October 2011 (after October 2011, is Nov, Dec, 2011... most recent) how do i search something in between October 2011, and February 2012?

Sorry for the confusion.  I typed in "Mouse grid issues" (that was one of the thread names on page 1 in the forums) and it was showing posts to November 2011.  Perhaps Lunis can answer this one, why it does not show posts later than that.

Cheers

Tiger Feet

| DNS 12.5.1 Professional | KnowBrainer 2012 | Windows 7 Professional /64 Bit | Intel Core i7 Quad Core 3840QM (2.80GHz) 8MB | 16GB RAM. | 240GB Intel 520 Series SSD Boot Drive | 750GB 7200 rpm Secondary Drive  | Plantronics Wireless Handsfree Microphone CS60-USB. |

02/24/2012 01:48 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

As Tiger Feet noted, DNS should automatically capitalize “Rick Scott” because it will recognize the phrase as a proper name but a name like “Rick Every” wouldn't automatically be recognized. This leaves you with 3 options:

1. Add “Rick Every” as a phrase to the Vocabulary Editor by highlighting the phrase and saying your KnowBrainer
Add to Vocabulary
command. Adding a proper name to the Vocabulary Editor shouldn't require an additional Spoken Form in most situations.

2. Say
Rick Cap Every
to force capitalization without having to pause

3. Dictate
Rick every, pause and then say your KnowBrainer Title Case command or substitute the DNS cap that command.

Click KB 2012 REV D to Download a 30 Day Evaluation of KnowBrainer 2012
Click SpeechStart+ to Download a 15 Day Evaluation of SpeechStart+

02/24/2012 01:18 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Sorry about the Search feature. We have requested that our Webmaster refresh this forums Search function. Frankly, we hadn't expected to still be using this forum in its current form but a number of recent issues have popped up including a death in our family which has delayed implementing its release.

Click KB 2012 REV D to Download a 30 Day Evaluation of KnowBrainer 2012
Click SpeechStart+ to Download a 15 Day Evaluation of SpeechStart+

02/24/2012 02:17 PM

Author Icon
Tiger Feet
Top-Tier Member

Quote:
including a death in our family

Sorry to hear that Lunis.

Tiger Feet

Statistics
28150 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 2028 on 04/05/2013 at 07:36 PM.
There are currently 90 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 93 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.