KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: How to check on the functionality of created KB mouse commands?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/22/2020 02:16 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 09/22/2020 02:16 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
brooklyn cabin
Top-Tier Member

Hi,
I've created a few commands in KB using the "new mouse command…" Command to control a small pop-up that provides automatic mouse clicking every time the mall stops moving. Anyway, I've created two different mouse commands using the "new mouse command" phrase – I can see, in fact, the commands being created in KB very quickly – however the commands do not appear to work afterwards. I cannot seem to find them using "edit command [my command name]".
I have restarted Windows just to make sure that KB had restarted after I saved my profile.

Is there another way to check to see that these mouse commands are actually being created correctly?

Thank you,
Dan

-------------------------

09/22/2020 09:12 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

For reasons of practicality, all KnowBrainer mouse commands are application-specific. For example, if you place your cursor over the Crop button in Photoshop and say New Mouse <crop> you will create a new mouse command named Crop that will be simultaneously saved. Hopefully, when you open Photoshop, a few days from now and say SHOW Application Commands, you will see your Crop command. Also note that the KnowBrainer sidebar doesn't need to be open for you to look up a command. If Photoshop is in focus, you can say Find Application Command <Crop>. Note if you want to take it one step further, you can even say Edit Application Command <Crop>

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

09/23/2020 12:12 PM

Author Icon
Edgar
Top-Tier Member

And don't forget... This kind of mouse/button command is "resolution"-related. If you change your monitor resolution or scale the position of the button might well change. Even more important, the position of almost every button changes depending on whether or not the window is maximized to do this right you need to check the status of the window and adjust your SetMousePosition values accordingly. To make it worse... Many buttons are "anchored" to the top left - ignoring the minimized/maximized situation for now, these buttons locations will not change when you resize the window. However, some buttons are anchored elsewhere (often bottom right - e.g. OK & Cancel buttons etc.) these buttons locations will change every time you resize the window. It is possible to write code which properly takes this into consideration (the SetMousePosition values must be offsets from the bottom right corner of the window).

-Edgar
DPI 15.3, 64-bit Windows 10 Pro, OpenOffice & Word 365, Norton Security, Shure X2U XLR to USB mic adapter with Audio Technica DB135 vocal mic, Asus X299-Deluxe Prime, Intel Core i9-7940X (14 core, 4.3 GHz overclocked to 4.9 GHz), G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3333 (PC4 26600) F4-3333C16Q-64GTZ, NVIDIA GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 GV-N1060G1 GAMING-6GD REV 2.0 6GB graphics card

09/23/2020 12:46 PM

Author Icon
MDH
Top-Tier Member

"And don't forget... This kind of mouse/button command is "resolution"-related. If you change your monitor resolution or scale the position of the button might well change. Even more important, the position of almost every button changes depending on whether or not the window is maximized to do this right you need to check the status of the window and adjust your SetMousePosition values accordingly." 

As previously mentioned, I figured out a method of making mouse-positioning commands that are not resolution-dependent, scaling-dependent, monitor size-dependent, or dependent upon whether a window is maximized or not. They can also be created remotely, without direct access to the program/app/form.

MDH

Statistics
31783 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 520 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 520 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.