KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Quickly organizing the contents of a Windows Explorer folder by date
Topic Summary: Building off the "Open Folder Documents" KB command
Created On: 09/21/2020 10:23 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 09/21/2020 10:23 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
brooklyn cabin
Top-Tier Member

I just started, finally, using the powerful KB command for opening files and folders from anywhere. With remote schooling, every day, I have to go into my downloads folder and print out a bunch of documents for my daughter's school. For some reason, the downloads folder is not always organized with most recent at the top.

I'm looking to create a command that would

1)go to the folder ("open folder downloads" will do that part),

2)navigate so that the top file is selected

3) AND ensure that the top file is the most recent download.  

I think I can do the second part by just counting the number of tabs to get there. But I'm unsure how to do the third part?

Thanks,
Dan

-------------------------

09/22/2020 12:05 AM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Unless you change the default settings, the most recent download should always be at the top of list. With that in mind, you can begin with the Start <downloads>  (default download folder address) {Tab 7}{Space}{Enter} or something to that effect

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

09/22/2020 01:11 AM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

Can't you just say "sort by date?" If so

EngineControl.RecognitionMimic "sort by date"

But it might not work as part of a longer script as all recognitions happen after the current recognition (processing the script) completes (that's why the "wait" don't work to stagger the recognitions).  So try

SendSystemKeys "{alt+v}o{down}{enter}"

Look at the command browser. For me, I browsed the Context "Windows 8.1 File Explorer" and there are good sort and view commands covering all the choices.  And if you wanna find the key board way, press alt by itself and check out the little letters in the menu choices.  Pressing "v" for View goes to that ribbon where "o" gets you "s_o_rt" and "down" puts you on "date."

Have fun.

PG

Remember folks, my comments and this forum are for entertainment value only, please, no wagering or other reliance on the contents herein.  I permit no commercial use of my ideas (whether expressions or embodiments) without my written consent.

Statistics
31783 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 563 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 563 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.